Sr. Customer Service Rep - Remote
Full Job Description
It's more than just something that fills our days. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, our work has a purpose. Our work requires passion and creates meaningful outcomes. Our work matters. We're sharing our expertise and technological advancements with customers, helping them make the world a better place - whether they're discovering a cure for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
Location/Division Specific Information
5225 Verona Road Madison, WI 53711. Remote opportunity - Day Shift position.
Discover Impactful Work:
As a member of our email team, you’ll have the opportunity to support and handle our customers’ inquiries, ultimately growing the success of our business. Our Customer Care Colleague interacts with customers, customer care colleagues, suppliers and sales reps via outbound phone calls or email channels. As a remote customer care colleague, you will be holding yourself accountable for your success and proactively supporting our customers. Successful colleagues in this role are confident decision makers, enjoy problem solving, love working in a virtual setting, and have a passion for providing outstanding assistance to their customers via email.
A Day in the Life:
- Enter orders for analytical instruments into the SAP system.
- Collaborate with internal customers from many departments, including Sales, Finance, Credit, Order Fulfillment, and Logistics.
- Review orders to identify if commercial terms are consistent with Thermo’s standard acceptable commercial Terms (payment terms, freight terms, liability etc.).
- Confirm pricing aligns with GSA and other applicable price lists
- Ensure all completed orders are invoiced as applicable
- Learn and use process work instructions and ISO procedures when processing bids, quotes, orders and invoices
- Understand and follow the requirements of the Export Management System. Work together with Trade Compliance partners to understand noncompliance implications and aim toward a solution.
- Learn letter of credit & sight draft and credit card procedures
- Resolve customer issues in a timely manner. Ensure communication of resolution is clear
- Answer the automatic call distribution department routing number
- Provide customer phone support related to the order process
- Verify commission accrual for distributor orders
- Maintain customer order files accurately and per current archival procedures
- Assist in maintaining customer master ship-to and bill-to addresses in the ERP system
- Assist with resolution of A/R collection issues
- Authorized to generate request for credit memo per manager or finance recommendations
- Review WIN form and Opportunities to help identify where we can engage earlier with Sales and Customers
Keys to Success:
- Minimum of being a high school graduate or GED required
- Associates degree &/or some College coursework completion useful.
- 1+ years of Confirmed experience in a customer facing role.
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to multitask preferred.
- Prior SAP & SFDC experience useful, but not required.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Your application has been successfully submitted.