Customs Brokerage Specialist
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
As the lead Customs Brokerage Specialist you will be a part of a team that files import shipments into the US, manages outside Customs brokers, and cooperates with Global Logistics Teams, as well as internal and external stakeholders. You will report to the Customs Compliance Manager and perform customs brokerage activities to ensure compliance with U.S customs laws and regulations and the company's compliance programs.
We offer a HYBRID working environment and a series of benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Key job responsibilities:
- Driving continuous processes improvement/development including tools and automation
- Developing processes or tool components with documented SOPs for new processes or activities undertaken by the team
- Owning and collaborating global standardization initiatives in Compliance organization
- Accurately and timely Customs import entry filing
- Ability to work well with others and showcase strong sense of leadership
Compliance and Audit Support:
- Assist the Customs Compliance Manager in audits/assessment of import compliance and customs laws and regulations
- Process customs entries on a daily basis and serve as a backup for the import entry writers, as needed.
- Conducts audits, trouble shoots, and monitors current CBP and OGA regulations to ensure compliance.
- Corrects errors and provides corrective action and training.
Customs Brokerage responsibilities:
- Interface with government agencies and maintain positive relationships
- Perform audits and file customs entries
- Assists in maintaining POA's to outside brokers.
- Develop and maintain current databases and regularly interact with vendors, ports and terminals.
- Prepare Post Entry Adjustments and other post entry documentation
- Review commercial documents and/or extract the data for the entry submission
- Communicate with internal departments, such as planning, product management, etc. and gather all the necessary data and documents to clear customs.
Training & Development support:
- Provide interpretation and guidance with CBP and OGA regulations and ensure compliance with US importing regulations
- Provide classification advice both internally and externally with direct customer contact.
- Mentor/train team and new hires; suggest improvements to training
- Audit accuracy and timeliness of entries and billing process.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- 3-year experience in Trade Compliance and/or Supply Chain industry background, i.e. customs agent/officer, compliance specialist, customs brokerage
- Advanced English (any other language is considered as additional asset)
- Proven track of stakeholder management, i.e. vendors, logistics, procurement, legal
- Ability to analyze and identify patterns in large data sets
- Ability to make data driven decisions under pressure of time
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to compose letters, memos, emails and other written documentation clearly and concisely
- Ability to do basic math and statistics
- Showcasing strong leadership skills
- Experience with Editrade (ABI Software from descartes) is highly valuable
- Experience with ABI and/or a Global Trade software
- Experience with FTZ’s
- Experience with ocean and cross/border imports
- Good knowledge of data analysis and visualization
- Experience in owning, managing and delivering projects within Trade Compliance and/or Supply chain environment
- Customs compliance certification (LCB, CCS, etc.), is preferred
- 4-year College degree is a plus
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Examples include: Company Match on 401k, Employee Purchase Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
ReqID : 66030
Business Unit : Dal-Tile
Your application has been successfully submitted.