Director Global Trade Compliance, Remote
Full Job Description
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Build tomorrow together.
What will you do
As Director Trade Compliance you will implement and maintain Trade Compliance procedures to follow customs and International Trade and the company’s standards and guidelines. You will support the Logistics and Delivery operations with trade compliance related activities and provide trainings. You will work in an international team and have a team of 34 Trade Compliance professionals located NA, LATAM, EMEA and APAC regions.
How you will do it
- Monitor and ensure compliance with Global trade and customs legislation o Liaise with governmental entities and non-governmental customs and trade associations.
- Lead all aspects of classification of commodity codes and determine applicable tariffs
- Budget import duties, including potential penalties and fines for the annual operating plan
- Ensure optimization of import duties payable
- Craft and apply procedures to align with the IMMEX program in the Mexican region
- Ensure access to preferential duty rates
- Support the preparation of the Customs Valuation Ruling
- Monitor Global imports behavior, as well as new trade agreements to map opportunities to develop new business
- Design the Global Trade Compliance strategy for the global enterprise
- Represent Trade Compliance in meetings and provide consultancy support to business discussions.
- Participate in project teams such as high value related export orders, acquisition.
- Lead the Global Trade Compliance team including learning and development, retention, goal setting, performance reviews, succession planning and all related talent processes
What we look for
- Master’s degree with 15+ years of experience in the field: import / export and customs regulations and formalities, international trade compliance program.
- Knowledge of JDE / Baan / SAP / MS Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English language. Additional languages are plus.
- Service-oriented, pro-active attitude and ability to set priorities.
- Occasional travel might be required in specific cases, such as training or internal audit. 10-20%
Your application has been successfully submitted.