Trade Compliance Analyst - Entry Level (Remote)
Full Job Description
WHO WE ARE
We’re a global team of over 25,000 engineering, manufacturing, supply chain and sustaining service experts who partner with customers to bring their products to life through inspired innovation and world-class customer service.
From surgical devices and health monitors to warehouse robotics and space products, we partner with our customers to help create the products that build a better world.
Whether you’re looking to start, make a change or advance your career, find your path at Plexus Corp. and make an impact.
WHY WE LOVE IT
Engaging and challenging projects that fulfill and develop you. People that inspire and empower you to realize your full potential. Leadership and development programs to support your career goals.
We believe that our people create our best Plexus. At Plexus, we value the ideas generated by our collective uniqueness and recognize that the diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives of our team members enable us to create the innovative products that build a better world. Because of this, we encourage people of all backgrounds to apply to our positions, and will look at candidates holistically, balancing work, education and additional experiences.
HOW YOU WILL DO IT
As a Trade Compliance Analyst you will be responsible for assisting the Trade Compliance Managers with all import and export compliance activities, including those related to the continuous improvement of Plexus' overall compliance strategy. The Trade Compliance analyst will research regulatory rules, communicate regulatory requirements across the company, create training, draft policies and procedures, participate in conducting compliance audits, create metrics for trade compliance and assist with special projects as required.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Assist with the metrics program and participate in trade compliance audits to assess Plexus' overall compliance status.
- Draft and update Trade Compliance SOP's and work instructions, procedures and processes, training and other materials in order to ensure Plexus' compliance with applicable import and export regulations.
- Partner with internal and external customers to create solutions that enable individuals and teams to be compliant with appropriate regulations.
- Manage the AES Filing process.
- Identify, interpret, and inform others of applicable regulatory requirements in order to ensure appropriate compliance activities are in play.
- Assist Legal Team with execution of other regulatory projects.
- Interact with international supplier/vendors, 3PL, transportation and custom brokerage providers for Plexus Corp.
- Assist with monitoring and maintenance of internal controls required to comply with federal regulations.
What We Are Looking For:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required; Bachelor's of Business Administration degree is preferred.
- One (1) year of related experience is preferred (International Business, Trade, Supply Chain, Logistics, Finance, etc.)
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent could be asked to perform. #LI-Remote
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
Your application has been successfully submitted.