Sr Manager, Global Trade licensing - Naval Power - REMOTE
Full Job Description
United States of America
RAZ99: RTN Remote, Arizona
Position Role Type:
Raytheon Technologies Corporation (RTX), Raytheon Missile & Defense (RMD) has an outstanding career opportunity to support the RMD Global Trade function. This organization plays a critical role in the successful execution of International Contracts and allows programs to remain compliant with the U.S. Government in all our global business transactions. This opportunity provides exposure and visibility to Mission Area Leadership and has strategic impact on RMD’s global growth and success.
This position is for an experienced Senior Manager of Global Trade Licensing. They will be responsible for leading a team of Global Trade professionals, providing strategic guidance and planning to understand and achieve international business growth by developing complex licensing strategies, program planning, and assuring regulatory compliance for the Naval Power Mission Area’s Naval Sustainment Product Area, which generated more than $500M in sales last year.
In addition, this position will be the GT Lead on the Naval Sustainment Leadership Team and interface with various internal functions and U.S. Government agencies in obtaining the necessary U.S. Government export / import licenses, agreements, permits, certifications, technology release authorizations, and jurisdiction and classification determinations.
The Senior Manager, Global Trade Licensing position will report to the Director, Global Trade for Naval Power.
This position is in Tucson, AZ, Louisville, KY, Andover, MA, or remote, supporting the Naval Sustainment Product Area.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require an active U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year.
The successful candidate will work well in a high-energy, fast-paced environment, developing relationships with internal customers and collaborating with multiple business functions for success. Responsibilities to anticipate include but are not limited to:
- Developing export and import strategies for the marketing, sales, support, offshore procurement and manufacturing of defense and dual use articles
- Acting as an Empowered Official on behalf of Raytheon Technologies
- Developing licensing plans and providing guidance for complex licensing strategies and program planning
- Leading a small team of analysts to successfully execute licensing strategies and export transactions for the business
- Being responsible for providing consistent interpretation under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Office of Foreign Assets Control Regulations (OFAC) and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) regulations to employees
- Preparing, submitting, tracking, obtaining, and managing from the U.S. government, all necessary export and import licenses, permits, certifications, and technology release determinations – to include Technical Assistance Agreements (TAA), Manufacturing License Agreements (MLAs) and other export license authorization types by:
- Working closely with internal customers to develop export and import approvals that allow for the efficient export of technology, technical data, hardware, and services,
- Ensuring review of the scope of the effort with the applicable functions, stakeholders, and the foreign parties prior to submittal,
- Obtaining signed agreements and other required documentations from foreign parties (e.g., DSP-83s, ITAR NDAs, etc.) as applicable,
- Providing status updates to the programs/stakeholders for awareness,
- Reviewing approvals to ensure execution and deliverables are considered,
- Responsible for managing day-to-day execution of agreements and licenses ensuring compliance for all activities under the agreements and licenses, and
- Monitoring authorizations for any changes effecting the authorizations and acting upon knowledge of the change.
- Assuring regulatory compliance through review and approval of foreign travel, foreign visits and export and import transactions
- Maintaining applicable trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Contributing to learning and audit assessment programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal controls
- Assisting in identifying compliance concerns to Supervisor, Trade Counsel and Global Ethics & Compliance colleagues, by spotting errors and areas requiring improvement and implementing corrective actions to resolve problems
- Supporting management in investigating and resolving compliance matters, audits and investigations
- Applying international trade regulations to real-life situations to enable international business to support programs
- Being able to handle complex licensing issues - permanent and temporary export licenses, temporary import licenses (unclassified and classified) that arise
- Developing and delivering training as required for employees engaged in international business activities
- Acting as a resource for all Global Trade licensing personnel
- Travel may be required to support Naval Sustainment or Global Trade events
- The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and integrate export/import requirements with company's international business strategy
- Flexible, cooperative and collaborative approach
- Agility to adapt to changing US Government and customers conditions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present recommendations that solve business challenges
- Problem solver, able to work under time sensitive circumstances, collaboratively or independently, and take initiative to address situations before issues arise
- Self-motivated and results oriented with ability to prioritize and make independent decision.
- Able to manage priorities of multiple complex tasks
- Attention to detail and follow through on assignments to achieve desired results
Qualifications you must have:
- BS/BA Degree required
- 10 years of professional work experience in Global Trade or related international business field, such as contracts, supply chain, engineering or other, relevant discipline
- Prior experience as an Empowered Official or strong compliance experience in a highly regulated environment (licenses, agreements, compliance, and transactional activities and application of regulations (ITAR, EAR, Customs)
Desired Skills: (Qualifications we value)
- Strong time management, prioritization, analytical and organizational skills, with ability to meet deadlines and achieve desired results
- Prior experience supervising a small teams
- Experience with Technical Assistance Agreement (TAA) and Manufacturing Licensing Agreement (MLA) preparation/administration
- Knowledge of Export Control Reform (ECR) and familiarization with Jurisdiction Classification Assessments
- Problem solver, able to work under time sensitive circumstances, collaboratively or independently
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple business functions for success
- Strong communicator to develop and conduct stand-up training
- Sincere interest and passion in the field of export/import operations and its strategic impact on global success
- Excellent customer relation/interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who can develop effective networks with internal customers
- Willing to take on challenges and accept stretch assignments
- Proven problem solver with record of strong follow-through for success
- Raytheon CORE Champion (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of DECCS, SNAP-R, OCR EASE and/or SAP/GTS systems
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met (see guidelines) to receive the Referral Award.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care
The salary range for this role is 112,000 USD - 236,000 USD; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your application has been successfully submitted.