Global Trade Compliance Consultant - Remote
Full Job Description
Mallory Alexander International Logistics, a global third-party logistics company (3PL) headquartered in Memphis, TN has an immediate opening for a Logistics Professional to join our team!
We are looking for an innovative, analytical teammate, a Global Trade Compliance Consultant. This position partners with key stakeholders to provide actionable guidance to ensure compliance with U.S. regulations while enabling successful international business activities.*
- Overall activities include handling of internal and external customer compliance trade requests, processing of documentation related to US imports, free trade agreement solicitation and analysis and other trade compliance related matters
- Product harmonized tariff advisory classifications
- Filing of US Customs rulings
- Analyze opportunities for, and assist with, submission of Section 301 exclusions
- Provide support on other trade remedies such as Antidumping and Countervailing duties, Section 201, Section 232
- Evaluate qualification for Free Trade Act, Country of Origin/Sourcing analysis (Substantial Transformation)
- Research complex problems involving HTS classification, assists, country of origin, marking, and valuation
- Manage inquiries from US Customs, including CBP Forms 28 & 29
- Execute and oversee Post Summary Corrections, including Prior Disclosures
- Review opportunities for duty minimization (tariff engineering, FTZ, CBMA etc)
- Conduct training, risk assessments and internal audits
- Administer & file duty drawback claims
- Development of Supply Chain Safety programs, such as C-TPAT and ongoing support of C-TPAT initiatives to maintain C-TPAT approval
- Draft customs and/or vendor compliance procedures
- Monitor proposed changes in customs/trade regulations and assess the impact of these proposed changes
- Drive improvements and efficiencies of established Trade processes
- Support compliance audits & liaison between FTZ consultants, trade attorneys upon request
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Logistics or related field.
- 5-7+ years of international trade with broad knowledge of import trade compliance;
- Licensed Customs Broker, with a strong commitment to compliance and continuing regulatory education
- Prior experience with both a US customs broker and as an importer or USPPI/exporter is beneficial
- Well-organized self-starter with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work. Strong time management and prioritization a must.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively tackle complex issues across departments, levels, and with internal or external customers
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sense of urgency
- Customer Service experience; Comfortable and confident with presenting to clients, including executives, in person or via Teams.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- This position is remote, U.S. based
Why Mallory Alexander?
Mallory Alexander International Logistics is a leading full-service logistics provider established in 1925. With over 13 different facilities in the U.S. and 2 in China, Mallory Alexander supports manufacturers, retailers and other suppliers in the storage and shipment of their valuable cargo, and we do it with confidence–on time, with care, everywhere. We proudly offer competitive compensation, robust benefits and a family environment, an environment where our dedicated employees are able make an impact on our customers' experience.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.