Import/Export Compliance Analyst III - Hybrid Remote
Full Job Description
Let’s search for your next career at TEL. Use the form below to search our current opportunities and then apply. Please consider joining our Talent Community so that we may continue to engage with you.
Import/Export Compliance Analyst III
Hybrid-Remote Schedule 3/2
Relocation Assistance Available
Locations: Austin, Tx
- Assures that imports of the company are compliant with US Customs import regulations such as HTS (Harmonized Tariff Schedule) classification, valuation, country of origin, assists, record keeping, ADD/CVD, special trade programs and other government agency requirements.
- Assures the company's exports are compliant with the regulations of the EAR (Export Administration Regulations) or by assuring the goods have the correct ECCN (Export Commodity Classification Number).
- Works cross-functionally with TEL Engineering and Materials teams, (globally), to determine proper classification, (ECCN, HTS), of materials.
- Tracks license applications and determinations as issued by the Bureau of Industry and Security, (BIS), via the SNAPR system.
- Screens export orders against restricted/denied parties lists, and record keeping and reporting requirements.
- Follows internal controls of the company related to import/export compliance, meeting/exceeding compliance goals, objectives, order processing lead times.
- Updates procedure and work instruction manuals to reflect current practices or to make improvements.
- Responds to CF28's/CF29's, submitting classification and other ruling requests to Customs, and ECCN classifications to the BIS.
- May also submit SIL's or post-entry amendments as directed by management and assist with any needed prior disclosures.
Typical Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree with 4 years of related experience; or Master's Degree with 2 years of related experience; or Associate's Degree with 8 years of related experience; or 12 years of experience in lieu of degree. High school diploma or equivalent required.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 35 pounds. This position also requires 4 to 6 hours per day at a computer screen/keyboard.
Diversity creates an innovative culture. TEL US is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
TOKYO ELECTRON AMERICA, INC.
Your application has been successfully submitted.