Manager II, International Logistics
Full Job Description
Regal Rexnord Corporation (RRX) is approximately a $5B publicly traded global manufacturer of electric motors and controls, electrical components and power transmission products serving customers around the world in the general industrial, consumer, commercial construction, food & beverage, and alternative energy end markets, among others. Regal Rexnord sells its products and solutions to OEMs, through distributors, and directly to end-users. The company has approximately 29,000 global associates with significant operations in the US, Mexico, Europe, China, and India. Regal Rexnord Corporation is the result of a merger between Regal Beloit Corporation and Rexnord’s PMC business which was completed in 2021. The headquarters for Regal Rexnord is located in Beloit, WI with an executive satellite office in Rosemont, IL.
You may not know it, but Regal Rexnord impacts your life every day. Our products enable the fans in HVAC systems that keep us comfortable; the power source that keeps smart buildings running; the agricultural and food service equipment that keeps us fed; and the conveyer systems that keep e-commerce flowing.
Our business purpose is to create a better tomorrow by energy-efficiently converting power into motion. For us, this means creating innovative solutions while focused on both customer needs and our commitment to sustainability. Join our team to create a better tomorrow together!
The International Transportation Manager is a key member of the Logistics team reporting to the Director of Logistics. In this role, you will provide day-to-day management of and guidance for the International Transportation function. This role manages all International freight activities by determining the most advantageous and economical methods of shipment for company products to meet customer expectations and to ensure that all International shipments are delivered to the established Regal performance levels. The International Transportation Manager is the subject matter expert for International Transportation and will have experience in providing best-in-class strategies and tactics. Prior experience required managing Carrier/Forwarder relationships and providing key metrics to help support the transportation needs of a business or 3PL organization.
- Reviews and evaluates all aspects of the International Transportation Function (Imports and Exports).
- Creates, identifies and implements effective forecasting and tracking tools for International Freight.
- Collaborates across the Business Units and Functions to ensure shipments are moving efficiently and cost effectively.
- Determines the most advantageous and economical methods of shipments for Regal Rexnord.
- Provides guidance to team to transportation team members to manage complex intercontinental transportation issues.
- Develops enhanced processes for International Shipments and implements interactive quoting, communicating and shipment tracking platforms with our Freight Forwarders.
- Provides quotations and routing direction for all International Shipments.
- Develops effective working relationships with our International Freight Forwarders to secure the most cost-efficient ocean and ground transportation rates and ensures execution of all required business outcomes.
- Performs an annual RFQ process to ensure continuous improvement, competitive Ocean, Air and accessorial costs.
- Annually reviews pricing tariffs with Carriers while initiating bids and managing negotiations for freight contracts.
- Ensures seamless integration between Customer Service, Sales, Manufacturing and Warehouse Operations to facilitate internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates movement of finished goods, raw materials and equipment between Regal Rexnord domestic and foreign operations as well as offshore suppliers.
- Tracks inbound and outbound shipping activities through the full purchase order lifecycle to ensure that plants, shipping schedules, and transportation requirements are being met.
- Manages International Transportation metrics as well as Carrier improvement programs and reporting strategies.
- Identifies key metrics, effectively tracking performance and adjusting providers, modes, routes efficiently in order to drove cost reduced transportation performance.
- Ensures that monthly, quarterly and yearly KPI’s are prepared and published as appropriate.
- Keeps up-to-date on all current events within International Transportation in order to remain up to date on the latest business and regulatory trends or high impact occurrences.
Required Education / Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 Years of experience in strategically managing global logistics
- General knowledge and skill with import/export
- Experience working with Freight Forwarders
- Proven ability to take on tasks and drive continuous improvement
Travel: 0 - 10%
Regal Rexnord is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, national origin, marital status, citizenship status (unless required by the applicable law or government contract), disability or protected veteran status or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Regal Rexnord is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to building a team that represents diverse and inclusive backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Your application has been successfully submitted.