Customs & Trade Compliance Manager
Are you inspired by challenging the status quo? Do you thrive in collaborative environments that drive results? If so, Gates could be for you.
Gates is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. We push the boundaries of material science to engineer solutions that continually exceed customer expectations.
Let"s simplify it… think belts and hoses. Found in motorcycles, conveyer belts, cars, tractors, blenders, vacuum cleaners, bicycles, & 3D printers just to name a few. Because why not do it all?
WHAT TO EXPECT
As an innovation leader, we look for ambitious, forward thinking, open-minded and well-rounded individuals to join our global team. Located in our Downtown Denver office, you will be supporting purchasing, exporting, importing, product development, finance and other functions with HTS classifications, origin, trade programs and documentation for importing into and exporting out of the Americas..
- You will be facilitating US Customs" Trusted Trader programs (Importer Self-Assessment -ISA and Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism -C-TPAT), ACH Periodic Month Statements, Duty Drawback, Bonds, Management Reports and KPIs and oversees transactional processes to ensure accuracy, timeliness and conformity to company policies and US regulations.
- You"ll build and sustain relationships with US Customs, Foreign Affiliates, Customers, Suppliers, Global Logistics Providers, Parcel Carriers, and Customs brokers.
Key responsibilities (to name a few):
- Works with suppliers to obtain vendor country of origin certification, reviews products for FTA eligibility and provides customers with FTA and Declaration of origin certification in a timely and compliant manner. Evaluates and properly classifies new and existing manufactured products machinery, raw materials and resale products according to the USHTS.
- Conducts HTS and entry audits and ensures business is adhering to the proper execution of customs" requirements. Reconciles issues as they are identified and implement corrective action as required.
- Manages Trusted Trade Programs: Administers C-TPAT/ISA Portals, drafts ISA Annual Notification Letter, conducts C-TPAT Vendor Verifications and develops associate training.
- Creates and implements policies and operating procedures for import/export operations and compliance. Develops associate compliance training.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to ensure operational compliance with U.S. and international trade compliance laws.
- BS/BA or equivalent (8 years of experience) with 5 years specific experience in Import/ Trade Compliance, including the administration of Free Trade Agreements, USHTS classification, and import brokerage operations.
- Licensed US Customs Broker or willingness to successfully obtain license within 18 months of hire
- Certified Import Specialist, or willingness to obtain certification within first year
- NAFTA/FTA compliance and certification experience is preferred
- Excellent knowledge of international trade, including
- US import and export regulations
- Free Trade Agreements
- Origin and Marking determination
- HTS classification
- Customs valuation
- Duty Drawback
- International documentation requirements
- Importer Self-Assessment
- Microsoft Office skills required with strong Excel and Access preferred
- Relocation is provided for this opportunity
- Travel is limited
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Founded in 1911 in Denver, Colorado, Gates is publicly traded on the NYSE. While we might operate in a vast amount of time zones we operate as 'One Gates' and have a common goal of pushing the boundaries of materials science. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers" diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow.
While we expect the best we also want to give you the best. That"s why at Gates we provide an environment where people can succeed from our policy of 'Dress for your Day' (yes - that means you can wear jeans), health club reimbursement, to our ownership of your work/life balance and more. Visit www.gates.com/careers to learn more.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Gates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other consideration defined by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
ARE YOU DRIVEN BY POSSIBLITY?
Your application has been successfully submitted.