Enterprise Head of Global Trade Compliance
As the Enterprise Head of Global Trade Compliance (GTC), you will be a senior leader accountable for enabling compliant worldwide movement of goods across the CSL enterprise and between CSL entities (including CSL Behring, CSL Seqirus, CSL Vifor, CSL Plasma, CSL R&D) and external partners. The scope of your responsibilities will consist of: development and execution of the global trade compliance program including strategy, trade automation, policies, procedures, training and auditing; management and oversight customs processes including special trade programs; duty management including customs valuation and transfer pricing; management of export controls including sanctions, export classification, and license applications; handling of potential anti-boycott issues, import/export operational transactions and support; and global trade regulatory interpretation including coordination of policy advocacy. Furthermore, you will uphold and protect CSL's global trade privileges by effectively managing trade compliance risks. This is a hybrid role, which offers a combination of an onsite and remote work schedule.
- Establishes the enterprise strategy for compliant and efficient global trade compliance management across organization.
- Develops and executes operational goals to achieve the strategy and ensures the necessary budget and resources are provided.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders across CSL entities to design, create and implement the organizational model for an enterprise-wide trade compliance team, including assessing current and future state needs of the enterprise and building the full enterprise team, as well as leading and supporting implementation, change management, and communications.
- Works with senior management to provide strategic guidance for trade compliance implications and inform decisions related to international business.
- Ensures effective duty management including customs valuation and transfer pricing. Ensures CSL benefits from applicable Free Trade Agreements and oversees special trade programs.
- Responsible for developing and managing comprehensive internal export and import controls to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Ensures management of export controls including risk mitigation, sanctions/denied party screening, implementation of applicable general and specific licenses, and contributes to third party onboarding approval .
- Ensures CSL’s trade automation capabilities provide compliant, timely, effective and efficient management of trade compliance operational, transactional and reporting activities.
- Establishes business processes for submitting and obtaining all necessary export and import licenses, permits, certifications, and technology release determinations.
- Accountable for the development and implementation of trade compliance risk assessment.
- Establishes and maintains training and audit/assessment programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Develops and maintains relations with appropriate government regulatory agencies
- Investigates and responds to all time sensitive government inquiries
- Ensures maintenance of trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements
Your skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Trade, Finance, Accounting, Logistics or other related field required; Master’s in Business Administration /Juris Doctorate (J.D) from an ABA accredited law school strongly preferred; US Customs Broker License and completion of accredited import/export compliance training program highly desired
- 15 years progressive compliance related experience for multi-national organizations
- Strong knowledge of U.S. and International Trade regulations
- Experience managing third party brokers
- Knowledge of manufacturing environment, materials and processes; biopharmaceuticals preferred
- Demonstrated experience leading global teams
- Knowledge of sanctions/denied party monitoring, use of general and specific license exceptions and applications to government agencies
- Knowledge and use of tariff and export control classification, incoterm determination and antiboycott monitoring and reporting
- Commercial, financial, and legal awareness, particularly of transportation and logistics costs and regulations
- Ability to identify and resolve high complexity process/system problems using financial, analytical, and/or statistical models
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders (e.g. government agencies, CMOs, law firms, suppliers, brokers, and consultants)
- Proven strong working knowledge and experience in trade compliance audit practices
- Proven capability to use independent judgment and professionalism
- Comfortable navigating ambiguous and high conflict situations
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and business applications such as SAP GTS, and trade and research tools such as Kharon, Factiva, Trade Wizards, Aravo
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn more about CSL Behring.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organization with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Behring!
Your application has been successfully submitted.