Trade Operations Manager - Quality
Full Job Description
At Caterpillar, we work to help our customers build a better world. Without our team of talented, bright and driven individuals, we wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today. Now, this is your chance to join our team and do work that matters. We want you to help us enable customer success, make progress possible around the world and help our communities grow and thrive. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a Trade Operations Manager - Quality.
The Product Support and Logistics Division (PSLD) is one of the most innovative divisions within Caterpillar. In PSLD, as within all of Caterpillar, our priority is our customers and helping them build a better world. We touch nearly every element of the services value stream from procurement to design and manufacturing to distribution. PSLD is responsible for Aftermarket Parts Distribution of Cat Parts, Integrated Logistics, segment Procurement and the design and manufacture of Wear Components (Undercarriage and GET) and Maintenance Components (Seals, Tubes & Hardware, Hose & Couplings, Fluids and Filters).
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
Through it all, we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
Learn more about the Caterpillar Experience .
The Caterpillar Trade Operations Team exists to enable customers to drive profitable growth & deliver excellence by providing expertise and executing efficient processes to ensure compliance with import & export regulations and maximize velocity. This position leads the quality functional area of the Americas North Trade Operations team within PSLD Logistics & reports to the Americas North Trade Operations Manager. The quality functional area is primarily responsible for project work, root cause corrective action (RCCA) execution, trade data management & metric management/reporting.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing managerial support to a team of 2-5 individual contributors/agency team members including (prioritizing work, ensuring understanding of work activities/responsibility, providing coaching, performance feedback & reviews, etc)
- Development, management & reporting of team metrics including coordination with Trade Systems team and IT to create/enhance PowerBI dashboards for reporting & workflow management
- Driving RCCA work both by directly managing complex RCCA initiatives and providing guidance to team members leading RCCA work
- Working closely with the US Import/Export Operations manager & US Compliance Manager to identify quality defects & prioritize corrective action work
- Managing project work & coordinate with IT, trade systems, transportation, 3PLs & other groups as needed to ensure efficient completion of projects & ensure trade business requirements are clearly understood & met
- Acting as owner of US trade data ensuring proper access controls & managing data/reporting requests
- Preparing details for & provide management regular updates on projects/RCCA & metric performance
- Maintaining process documentation templates; Creating process documentation for new processes & ensuring process documentation / desk instructions are in place and reviewed annually for completeness & accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, or related subject area
- 3+ years of US Import/Export job-related experience
- 2+ years of project management/RCCA/LEAN management experience
Top Candidates will also have:
- Trade Compliance Certification (LCB, CCS, CES, CUSECO or other related)
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to motivate and develop others
- Prior leadership experience
This position is located in Peoria, IL and does not offer relocation
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers . #Li
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .
Your application has been successfully submitted.