Customs Compliance Manager
AS&E, an OSI Systems Company is seeking a Customs Compliance Manager, based out of Billerica, MA.
We are proud to be a trusted provider of advanced X-ray technologies for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities and critical infrastructure all over the world. Be a part of our mission to provide our customers with best-in-class cargo and vehicle screening systems and services so they can combat terrorism, trade fraud, drug and weapon smuggling, and illegal immigration.
The Customs Compliance Manager will develop, implement and oversee the company and its subsidiaries’ import program, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with import laws and regulations.
- Develop, update and implement policies and procedures to achieve compliance with U.S. customs and trade regulations
- Oversee the accuracy and timeliness of all U.S. customs entries for all divisions
- Oversee the HTS classification process for all products, country of origin determinations, FTAs, ADD/CVD/Section duty assessments and valuation to assure accurate payment of duties and taxes to U.S. Customs
- Comply with any and all U.S. customs requirements and government regulations
- Develop internal programs and workflow processes which support compliance
- Work closely with purchasing, logistics and accounts payable for each business group, as well as with customs brokers and freight forwarders to ensure compliance
- Perform quarterly audits of import and export transactions to ensure continued compliance with U.S. customs and any other government regulatory agencies/requirements and provide summary reports to management
- Conduct US Harmonized Tariff Schedule reviews and maintain database of classifications
- Oversee the recordkeeping program to ensure required import/export records are maintained
- Develop and conduct training for internal business partners on compliance requirements.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of current U.S. customs and trade control laws and regulations
- Interact with government agencies on company’s behalf
- Other duties as assigned
- Managerial Responsibility - This position has no direct reports
- Travel Requirements
- This position may travel to other locations, U.S. and international
- Skills and Abilities Required
- Sophisticated knowledge of U.S. customs and trade regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management and all levels of operations
- Strong project management and change management skills
- Prioritize effectively and manage deadlines
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Highly organized and capable of independent work with a high degree of accuracy
- Intermediate or better proficiency with MS Office suite
- Education and Experience Required
- Minimum of 10 years of import compliance experience
- Skilled knowledge of HTS classifications, valuation, and ACE
- Customs Broker License preferred
- Exceptional command of written and spoken English language
Candidate for this role may work a hybrid (mixture of days onsite and/or remote) at one of the following OSI Systems, Inc.’s sites:
- Hawthorne, CA;
- Torrance, CA;
- Snoqualmie, WA;
- Andover, MA;
- Billerica MA
Company COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
To comply with applicable government requirements, all U.S. employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are entitled to and approved for a legal accommodation, in accordance with the Company’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
OSI Systems, Inc. and its subsidiaries (collectively “OSI”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. If any person or entity, including a recruiter or agency, submits any information, including any resume or information regarding any potential candidate, without a signed agreement in place with OSI, OSI explicitly reserves the right to use such information, and pursue and/or hire such candidates, without any financial obligation to the person, recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited information or resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are considered and deemed to be the property of OSI.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran
EEO is the Law
Poster Link: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/22-088_EEOC_KnowYourRights_10_20.pdf
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.
Your application has been successfully submitted.