Customer Care Service Coordinator (Remote)
Full Job Description
Location: North America, USA, Remote
Division: Smiths Detection
Job Function: Customer Service
The Customer Care Service Coordinator will be a customer advocate and provide a world class level of customer support to internal and external customers of Smiths Detection. This role is the catalyst to providing customers with First Call Resolution to their inquiry. This person assumes responsibility as the first human interface with the customer for incoming calls to Smiths Detection Service. The Service Coordinator will also be responsible for various functions as it relates to creating service requests, service orders, parts orders, RMA’s, processing of field service reports, reconciling inventory and processing of consumable orders. As such, a high degree of patience, professionalism, organizational knowledge and people skills are necessary. The Service Coordinator dispatches, coordinates, monitors and improves field service activities for domestic and international customers. Provides support and guidance to field service personnel who perform on-site routine services including installation, maintenance, and repair around the globe. Ensures field services are effective and customers’ requirements are consistently met.
Provides courteous, accurate and timely responses to requests for information. Identifies issues, concerns and/or complaints from customers and either personally manages the issue or redirects the customer to the appropriate internal support group. Opens all service events within the Service Management System (SMS), responding to order processing inquiries, offering a knowledge based resolution or directing the caller to the appropriate technical or administrative team. Must be able to handle stressful situations and possesses excellent customer relations skills. This position requires having the ability to positively relate and communicate with our customers, vendors, co-workers, service technicians, sales personnel and managers. Service Coordinator must present professionalism both in appearance, verbal/written communication and demeanor. Has excellent written and oral communication skills and works well in a team-oriented environment. Shift work and overtime outside the normal work day is required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accurately opens and documents service events within the SMS
- Use our enterprise system to generate the appropriate work order for the field service engineer to understand the purpose, location, parts, warranty, etc. for the job.
- Investigates, analyzes and rectifies customer concerns or elevates problems to management attention when necessary.
- Coordinate the daily schedule for Field Service Engineers/Vendors performing maintenance, repair or installation work orders for domestic and international customers.
- Coordinate all field service work orders using the field service software while providing extensive notes
- Create quotes as required for consumable orders and billable spare parts
- Conducts follow up calls/emails after repairs/installs are completed to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Conducts follow up calls/emails after repairs/installs are completed to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assumes accountability to reduce or minimize costs whenever scheduling field service work orders.
- Excellent ability to build rapport with the Field Service Engineers/Vendors and work collaboratively on a daily basis.
- Communicates with domestic/international partners and vendors to make sure the correct staff is deployed.
- Communicates with the customer or point of contact via the phone and email consistently keeping them informed of progress, delays and status.
- Fully understands the geography and logistics associated with various regions.
- Intimately familiar with the airports and associated codes within various regions.
- Receive and process orders from customers via telephone, website and e-mail and processes
- Clarify P/N's based upon customer description as required
- Confirm in-stock counts, verify whether parts are in stock, and if not, quote an expected lead time
- Track all backorders and ensure that they are filled in a timely fashion.
- Provide all requested proof of delivery for billing/accounting purposes
- Pre-approve all returned merchandise; provide Return Material Authorization (RMA), explain policies and paperwork to customer
- Receive and resolve inquires and complaints by customers concerning incorrect billings or shipment problems
- Processes Field Service Reports and reconcile parts inventory
- Create non-product requisitions and purchase orders in order process vendor invoices
- Maintain liaison with Supply Chain, Tech Support, Sales, Trade Compliance, Credit & Finance and
- other related departments.
- Processes intercompany transfer orders
- Utilizes specialized system reports and follows-up with customers to ensure satisfaction
- Notifies supervisor of repetitive problematic issues where a possible pattern may exist or anticipated inventory shortages are expected
- Create, interpret and disseminate reports as requested
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
- Comply with all applicable U.S. export control and security regulations.
- Required to successfully obtain and maintain government clearance
- Other duties as assigned to assure the success of the Call Center
- Call center operations run on a 24/7 schedule. Various shifts are available including nights and weekends
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
Associates Degree or equivalent training preferred. High School Degree and 2 years of related experience is required. Equivalence achieved through comparative work and life experience is acceptable.
Prior hands-on order processing, data entry experience, scheduling/dispatching experience and a minimum of 2 years of experience in a customer service/support environment.
- This position requires access to ITAR, EAR, and Department of State or Department of Commerce controlled information and routine access to a cleared facility. Applicant must be a U.S. Person (citizen, green card holder or other permanent resident).
- Individuals should possess good communications skills and have a strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork.
- Must be responsive to all customer issues at all times.
- Must display an ability to handle multiple projects or tasks at the same time while still meeting service level agreements.
- Ability to perform data entry tasks and utilize various functions within the Service Management System (SMS).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software specifically Word and Excel.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Experience with SAP, ServiceMax, Salesforce, CRM or Field Service software and/or bilingual capabilities are highly desirable.
- Possess excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal skills with the ability to multi-task several projects at once.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and accountable individual
- Possess outstanding telephone and computer skills
- Must be willing to accept and be adaptable to changing shifts and job requirements based upon the needs of the business and demonstrate flexibility
- Must have the ability to pass government background checks to obtain required clearances to work on government contracts.
SDI is a Federal Contractor and an employer with over 100 employees, and could be subject to the COVID-19 vaccination guidelines set forth by the Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce and the OSHA Emergency Temporary Standards. Should the Federal Contractor Mandate be upheld, all employees in the United States would be required to be fully vaccinated. If the Federal Contractor Mandate is not upheld, but the OSHA Emergency Temporary Standards are upheld, then all employees would be subject to a vaccination or testing policy.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 14,600 colleagues, based in 50 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About Smiths Detection
SDI is a Federal Contractor and a drug-free workplace. By submitting an application, I confirm that I understand that the Company has a right to require me to submit to a drug test prior to employment and at any time during my employment, to the extent permitted by law.
Smiths Detection is a global leader in detection and screening technologies for the protection of people and assets, supporting safety, security and freedom of movement in today’s world.
Smiths Detection is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail email@example.com or call toll-free 877-703-1029. This email and phone number is created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response. Smiths Detection, Inc. participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Your application has been successfully submitted.