Global Trade Controls Specialist
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking a Global Trade Controls Specialist to join our team. This position can be located in Berkeley MO, or Hazelwood, MO.
The ideal candidate will be an innovative problem solver, demonstrate a global mentality, and be adaptable to changing needs. This person will have a history of resilience in fast paced environments, will be skilled at US export trade control regulations, and versatile in all forms of communication.
- Collaborate with the programs and business partners to develop and implement trade control strategies that drive compliance
- Review and drafting US export authorization applications
- Provide trade compliance training to internal stakeholders
- Support and conduct trade compliance assessments
- Strengthen working relations with non-US business partners and internal stakeholders
- Support and lead special projects that improve compliance quality and efficiencies and eliminate rework errors, and traveled work
- Conduct global regulatory and statutory trade control requirements
- Identify, document, develop, plan and implement solutions in support of enterprise compliance risk management objectives
- Research and identify regulatory and legislative requirements
- Develop and deploy enterprise processes and procedures and identifies potential implications to business objectives and future opportunities
- Interface and provide comprehensive regulatory solutions to key stakeholders to improve strategic alliances
This position is hybrid. This means that the selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. This is at the hiring team’s discretion and could potentially change in the future. 2 day per week minimum in office.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years of experience working with a team to solve complex issues
- 1+ years of experience with Trade Control experience in U.S Customs, International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or Export Administration Regulations
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years of experience writing trade control authorities / export licensing
- 3+ years of experience with Export Administration Regulations (EAR) & International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- 3+ years of experience participating on compliance assessment activities supporting global trade controls matters
- 3+ years of project management experience
- 1+ years of experience with Lean
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years' related work experience, 10 years' related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $78,200-$105,800
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.