Manager / Senior Manager of Laboratory Operations - VBU
Full Job Description
MANAGER, LABORATORY OPERATIONS - VACCINES
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as the Manager, Laboratory Operations - Vaccines in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to provide Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The Manager, Laboratory Operations will join a growing team in support of scientists and research associates engaged in the vaccine drug substance and drug product process development groups together with the analytical services department to support several viral vaccine programs. They will be responsible for managing and coordinating shipments, material supply, asset calibration / maintenance and operation readiness activities within the laboratory areas. This individual will also be the point of contact between Takeda Vaccine Operations CMC (i.e. Drug Product Development, Process Development, and the Analytical Services groups) and with Takeda supporting functions such as Facilities, Digital Data & Technology and/or EHS, as well as external organizations. Responsibilities will also include tracking / monitoring consumable / equipment costs and purchases, as well as oversight of safety and documentation practices.
- Manage and coordinate logistics for daily operation readiness of the Vaccine CMC laboratories
- Work closely with lab leadership and scientist in the planning and coordination of equipment maintenance, repair, and calibration
- Develop and sustain effective stock and inventories of components, reagents, and biological materials; this includes the opportunity to design and implement efficient material procurement approach for optimal availability and usage flow
- Develop and sustain the laboratory management system for consumables and sample management
- Organize and coordinate material import/export, schedules for common use equipment, cleaning and waste disposal in accordance with site specific regulations
- Coordinate and monitor shipping and receiving documentation and logistics of laboratory items
- Collaborate and serve as liaison to departments and/or stakeholders; partners and represents Vaccine CMC groups on projects pertaining to the laboratories
- Support implementation of company practices and policies for safety, training, and documentation within the laboratory
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- BS in biological sciences with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience, or a MS in biological sciences with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of cell culture, virology, molecular biology, and immunology.
- Experience working in a Biological Safety Level 2 (BSL-2) environment.
- Experience in a GxP, or similar environments, along with experience handling live viruses.
- Leadership and management skills are highly preferred.
- Advanced word processing, data entry, data presentation and computer analysis skills.
- Experience with procurement programs such as Ariba is a plus.
- Knowledge of lab and sample management systems such as Benchling and Labware is desirable
- Comply with institutional certifications and requirements in a BSL-2 environment.
- Typical laboratory standing, bending, stooping, lifting requirements apply.
- Lifting and moving supplies and equipment (up to 25 pounds).
- Willingness to travel to internal and external training, project, and collaborator meetings, including overnight trips (expected to be infrequent).
- Requires approximately 5% travel.
The final level or salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Boston, MAWorker Type
Your application has been successfully submitted.