Import Export Specialist
Full Job Description
Primarily responsible for data maintenance relating to international shipments and processes, as well as assisting with varied international logistics and trade-related tasks.
The Import/Export Specialist will work and maintain good communication to ensure procedures operate within the framework of organizational goals and objectives.
Base Pay Range 39,000 – 59,000
The above reflects the pay range that QSC reasonably expects to pay for this role. This pay range also depends on various factors such as job duties and requirements, relevant experience and skills and geographic location. In addition to the base salary range, QSC offers a comprehensive package including but not limited to health benefits, 401K or Roth retirement plans, generous time off and profit sharing.
QSC thrives where innovative technology and compelling audio-visual experiences intersect. For over 50 years, QSC has pioneered the technology and solutions that enable immersive cinema, live performance audio, themed entertainment, digital collaboration and meeting experiences for our customers and partners around the world. A globally recognized innovator in the design, engineering, and manufacture of category leading high-performance loudspeakers, digital mixers, power amplifiers, audio processors, digital cinema solutions, and the Q-SYS™ software-based audio, video, and control Ecosystem.
By joining the QSC team, you will be in a challenging, collaborative, fun, and innovative environment. We encourage employees to take ownership, to color outside the lines, and to imagine possibilities. Our culture is casual but dynamic, with cross-functional teams collaborating on creating memorable audio-visual experiences that deliver joy to people, wherever they are. At QSC, fun and hard work go hand in hand. Join us and make a difference in the way people experience movies, meetings, presentations, live performances, and much more.
Q-SYS is a cloud-manageable audio, video and control (AV&C) Platform built around a modern, standards-based IT architecture. With established solutions across Corporate, Education, Hospitality, Venues & Events, Cinema, Government, Healthcare, and Transportation, Q-SYS redefines what is possible for live and virtual experiences by uniting hardware and software partners, developers, and creators.
QSC Pro Audio delivers high-performance loudspeakers, digital mixers, power amplifiers, software and accessories. Our innovative products and solutions, supported with free training & education and unparalleled customer service, set the stage for creators, performers, and entertainment providers to confidently deliver impactful experiences for their audiences.
- Create recordkeeping packages for import and export transactions and verify if documentation adheres to import-export policies and laws
- Preparation of commercial documentation using templates for QSC’s international shipments (certificates of origin, declarations, quality letters, proforma invoices, etc)
- Assist on special programs (foreign trade agreements, Duty Drawback, etc.)
- Perform Restricted Party Screening
- Shipment Tracking
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate Degree or higher; alternatively, 2 additional years of experience in Import/Export environment
- Any of the following certifications are preferred, but not required: Dangerous Goods Certification, CCS (Certified Customs Specialist), CES (Customs Export Specialist), Lean Six-Sigma, LCB (Licensed Customs Broker).
- 2 or more years of experience with import/exports and/or trade compliance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook; knowledge of Oracle preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of the US Government Import and Export Rules and Regulations
- Working knowledge of Transportation and Logistics as it relates to filling out International Documentation (AWB, BOL, AES, SLI, Dangerous Goods Certificates, etc.)
- Team player with effective written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, strong focus on customer service and ability to demonstrate an analytical and solutions-driven approach.
Your application has been successfully submitted.