Compliance Officer - Remote
Full Job Description
About this opportunity
Work remotely from anywhere
Compliance Office has the group responsibility for the three compliance areas: Antitrust (compliance with competition law), Anti-corruption (compliance with corruption and bribery law) and anti-money laundering (compliance with AML laws).
The Compliance Office within GF Legal Affairs & Compliance develop and maintain Ericsson’s ethics and compliance program. The Compliance Office also support compliance teams in the MAs or operational units, which are responsible for supporting and supervising the execution of the ethics and compliance program in all operating units and legal entities within the countries of responsibility.
The Compliance Officer reports in the line organization to the Head of MANA (Market Area North America) Compliance unit.
What you will do
- Lead in developing a culture of compliance, setting an example for clarity and promoting an environment where speaking up in a professional manner is encouraged!
- Supervise a select group of legal entities within one or more Customer Units (CUs) that typically spans multiple countries and handle not only internal stakeholders (e.g., management, legal, ICS, sourcing and HR colleagues, compliance network) but also external stakeholders, such as customers and other third parties in relation to compliance demands.
- Provide regular updates to management teams, the compliance organization and others as needed regarding implementation of the compliance program, including relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in area of responsibility.
- Maintain a sound understanding of the local business activities and applicable laws and regulations.
- Identify local compliance priorities; plan and prioritize activities based on risk on a prescribed cycle (e.g., development of annual compliance plan).
- Ensure the publication of compliance-related Group steering documents and localize in alignment with Group where needed.
- Alongside colleagues from the headquarters, perform compliance risk assessments, reviews and monitoring.
- Supplement group trainings to ensure local requirements addressed; conduct compliance trainings and ensure appropriate monitoring of compliance training and awareness programs.
- Review commercial projects to identify and mitigate compliance risks presented.
- Ensure effective implementation of Third Party Due Diligence (TPDD) process and train functions involved in the process as well as third parties completing process as needed.
- Act as single point of contact for compliance TPDD process.
- Maintain documentation of compliant, timely and practical advice.
- Assist with assessment and management of material actual or potential conflicts of interest.
- Ensure the effective implementation of the policies and directives relating to reporting of violations and concerns.
- Use the case management system and lead and/or support investigations.
- Manage reporting to relevant stakeholders where applicable compliance-related reports of misconduct, investigations, and remediation efforts.
- Work with local head(s) of legal and other stakeholders to ensure that interactions with local authorities and regulators are coordinated and implement processes to identify and handle regulatory requests and deadlines.
- Assist with or conduct compliance-related merger and acquisition due diligences and complete integration activities in your countries as needed.
- Draft compliance-related reports as required by the Compliance Office and the MA Head Compliance.
You will bring
- Juris Doctor, Master of Law, Business, Accounting or other university degree suitable for compliance.
- High level of integrity with character consistent with Ericsson values of respect, professionalism and perseverance; must be conscientious and willing to listen
- Proficient in English, second language desirable.
- Working experience 8 years in compliance, legal or other relevant field (finance, audit)
- Working experience in compliance area, at least 5 years of anti-bribery and corruption compliance or addressing compliance topics, previous monitorship experience a plus.
- Experience in antitrust, competition, data privacy, AML or trade compliance is a plus.
- Good business knowledge/understanding.
- Good networking ability and communication skills including the ability to handle internal and external contacts, including Government authorities and regulators
- International experience and cultural awareness
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Independent, goal-oriented and detailed way of working
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
This position reports to the Head of M&A Compliance for Market Area North America
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that's why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team. Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more. If you need assistance or to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position, and you may be required to perform additional job tasks as assigned.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || United States : Texas : Plano
Your application has been successfully submitted.