Full Job Description
Job Title: Logistics Analyst
Reports To: Supply Chain Manager
FLSA status: Exempt
Responsible for all operations of the Logistics within Cherokee Operations in Acworth, GA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Overall responsibility for levels, accuracy, and maintenance of all logistics through the interaction of the Materials and Other Departments for North America.
- May perform special research or technical studies critical to logistic support functions
- May utilize computer techniques for analysis, simulation or information systems documentation
- Work with Customs Broker and Freight Forwarder to ensure accurate import/export clearance.
- Create customs documents for import/export and validate HTS codes are correct
- Develops improvements to existing systems and new techniques to better utilize Inalfa and supplier resources
- Be a leader of the organization and represent professionalism in all forms to internal/external customers, employees, and service providers.
- Communicate effectively and build professional relationships with internal/external customers to meet demand and strive to exceed their expectations.
- Monitor and manage the transportation budget and performance KPIs
- Resolve all transportation/shipping issues promptly. Communicate resolution plans and follow up to ensure plans are effectively implemented.
- Work closely with the plants to help identify and drive cost saving opportunities and transportation efficiencies.
- Develop, maintain, and distribute metrics and reporting
- Track and ensure visibility of all premium freight transportation into the plants and/or consolidation centers
- Coordinate expedites, inbound shipments, returns, international shipments, and intercepts.
- Resolve freight payment exception items and chargebacks to Supply Base
- Work with plant material analysts to understand material flow of parts into the plant and work to improve value stream
- Gather and maintain logistics related data
- Monitor and report any premium shipments, and work to reduce
- Continuously strives for improvement in performance of all responsibilities
IATF 16949/ ISO14001 / ISO 45001 RESPONSIBILITIES:
The IATF16949and ISO14001 responsibilities listed below are required for this position. Adhere to all IATF16949 (Quality) / ISO14001 (Environmental) / ISO 45001 (Health & Safety) procedures as related to the Supply chain department function.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree and 5 to 7 years of Domestic/International Logistics experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perfume the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and to sit; use hands to manipulate objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and to talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This employee regularly works in an office environment. Occasionally the employee works in the manufacturing area around moving mechanical equipment and is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What can you expect from us?
- Attractive working conditions and self-development opportunities.
- Short procedures, fast decision making and open communication structures.
- Friendly and informal atmosphere.
- Innovative leader with a strong drive to win!
FOCUS - TRANSPARENCY - ONE INALFA and RESPECT are core values within our company.
Cherokee AssemblyTime Type
Full timeContact Person
Your application has been successfully submitted.