Full Job Description
Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
As a member of our Logistics organization, the Logistics Analyst is responsible for identifying, prioritizing, and leading projects within the logistics area that drive down freight costs. The analyst is also responsible for developing, maintaining, and reviewing KPI reporting across multiple levels within the organization. This position will collaborate with our TMS provider in areas concerning training, billing, and system upgrades. This role will report to the Director of Logistics.
- Responsible for identifying areas of opportunity that are driving higher freight costs throughout the organization.
- Ensure data accuracy within TMS system for assigned locations.
- Develop a cadence of KPI reports to review with assigned locations including leadership teams.
- Develop and maintain a set of logistics dashboards (Tableau) that drive insightful analytics throughout the organization.
- Provide regular, proactive Freight Recovery reporting to the Commercial team and recommend possible actions for recovery based on the current freight environment.
- Act as a liaison with 3rd party logistics providers to ensure successful integration within TMS systems.
- Collaborate with procurement team in yearly RFP events to secure/analyze competitive rates against market.
- Lead all IMS/TMS development projects in collaboration with assigned locations.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimization opportunities
- Identify savings by removing waste or unnecessary steps in the logistics process
- Interpret Freight Market trends, analyze, and review data.
- Provide meaningful logistics data to others in the organization to aid customer service and cost improvements
- Ensure IT systems (JDE, TMC System, etc.) in place are effective, well maintained and accurate
- Lead a safety culture throughout department. Support all safety initiatives.
- Support warehouse teams to ensure that products are received, stored and shipped safely and efficiently
- Researching supply chain issues to identify potential problems and preemptively address them
- Staying up to date on the latest innovations in logistics and what competitors are implementing
- Addressing routine and unexpected disruptions in the supply chain to keep products moving
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience/education combination. Minimum of 1 year of related experience including people management
- Experience with warehouse management systems. Implementation of warehouse management systems.
- Record of experience that demonstrates proven team leadership skills and the ability to influence others at all levels within the organization
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel to support customer and plant requirements - 30-40% DomesticCOMPETENCIES:
- Possess UFAA (United, Focus, Accountable, and Agile) leadership behavior
- Proven analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong planning skills with the ability to handle multiple projects through to completion and to manage competing priorities
- Project management skills
- Commercial and financial acumen with a full understanding of the impact of failure in terms of business cost, production schedules and customer order fulfilment
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Knowledge of technical regulations related to logistics such as import/export and customs regulations, including security requirements to include certification in dangerous goods handling and aviation security
- Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including knowledge and understanding of specialist systems such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Bill of Material (BOM) and customer data systems
- Advanced Excel user
- Knowledge of Tableau software required.
- Ability to analyze and manipulate technical and complex data and provide meaningful information
- Knowledge of lean techniques may be advantageous
Your application has been successfully submitted.