Supplier Development Lead (Remote)
Full Job Description
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Position Role Type:
Pratt & Whitney is working to transform the future of flight once again — designing, building, and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country, or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect, and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney is seeking a Supplier Development Lead to support our Northeast Region suppliers.
- Perform assessments of the suppliers capability to perform and sustain performance through the SHA (Supplier Health Assessment).
- Engage the supplier to complete the diagnosis in the Gemba and work with the supplier to develop a comprehensive gap closure plan.
- Conduct weekly training and coaching on-site at the supplier to develop their team.
- Follow-up with the PW and supplier team to validate the gap plan and monitor progress to ensure the benefits are being achieved.
- Establish leading indicators of performance and track weekly, on-site at supplier.
- Intervene to expedite deliveries and/or resolve quality issues.
- BS degree in Manufacturing, Industrial / Manufacturing Engineering, Business Management or in a related field and 8+ years prior relevant experience in Operations, Quality, and/or Continuous Improvement roles, OR an Advanced Degree in a related field and 5+ years prior relevant experience in Operations, Quality, and/or Continuous Improvement roles.
- Up to 80% travel. Candidate will spend approximately 80% of time on-site at assigned suppliers.
- US Citizenship due to government requirement.
- Master’s degree in management or technical field.
- Certified Operations Practitioner (ACP)and/or Business Process Practitioner.
- Six-Sigma Blackbelt or Greenbelt.
- RTX SHA certified assessor.
- ITC (International Trade Compliance / BAER experience.
- Strong Leadership skills and a demonstrated track record of accomplishment in business performance using Continuous Improvement tools.
- Highly effective team player able to develop and sustain team commitment and ownership.
- Hands on experience with strong structured project management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work and communicate with the entire workforce: from convincing a shop floor operator to try a new work sequence to having strategic discussions with both PW supply chain team and supplier leadership team about overall approach and focus for Performance.
- Self-motivated, high-energy individual that can act with little guidance
- Ability to initiate, lead and sustain change activities at the supplier
- Highly adaptable person
Role Type: What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
- Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home).
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
The salary range for this role is 94,000 USD - 196,000 USD; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your application has been successfully submitted.