Trade Compliance Manager - PTBA
Passionate people create exceptional things
Did you know that the solutions we develop are a key part of most industries? Electronics, medical research, renewable energy, food production, infrastructure and many more.
We´re everywhere! Working with us means working with the latest technologies and groundbreaking, sustainable innovations. With our inclusive and caring environment, you get the support and inspiration you need to grow.
Here, your ideas are embraced, and you never stop learning. Interested in being part of our team?
Join us on our journey for a better tomorrow.
Are you passionate about international trade? Do you want to be part of a dynamic team in a growing business area? The Atlas Copco Power Technique Business Area (PTBA) of Atlas Copco is looking for a motivated Trade Compliance Manager with a continuous improvement mentality.
This role is an exciting opportunity if you want to play a critical role in supporting the enhancement and maximizing the efficiency of our trade compliance activities for Americas region.
As PTBA Trade Compliance Manager – Americas you will report to the PTBA Trade Compliance Lead.
- Implement the Group’s trade compliance policies and procedures within the Power Technique Business Area of Atlas Copco in Americas region
- Make sure PTBA trade activities in Americas region are compliant with import/export, customs and trade sanctions regulations in the countries where we operate
- Establish tools and integrated system solutions to automate the identification and management of trade compliance risks within the Power Technique Business Area
- Implement and enforce Group compliance policies and procedures relating to:
- Import/export control, including classification processes, product licensing requirements and creation of export/import declarations and documentation
- Trade preference management
- Trade embargo and sanctioned party screening
- Oversee regional trade compliance activities and ensure full compliance with operational procedures and government regulations
- Develop and implement import/export compliance manual and related procedures for local PTBA entities
- Manage relationships with all customs brokers and freight forwarders. Monitor performance of brokers and forwarders through reviews including KPI’s and compliance audits.
- Determine whether imports/exports into/from the Americas region qualify for any applicable Free Trade Agreements, Special Trade Provisions/Claims or other duty savings opportunities
- Develop and provide training to relevant departments to maintain updated awareness of trade compliance requirements and changes
- Perform internal trade compliance audits to assess business risk and implement process improvements and report findings to leadership
- Assess results from sanctioned party screening and conduct enhanced due diligence on business partners where appropriate, including independent research using public sources and analysis of supporting documentation
- Lead or collaborate on initiatives contributing to the continuous improvement of the process and/or systems to comply with import/export regulations
- Interact with the Global Trade compliance team of PTBA, based in Europe, and liaise with position counterparts in other regions in the world.
Power Technique North America LLC (PTNA-CC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: PTNA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at PTNA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sec (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. PTNA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PTNA encourages applicants of all ages.
What you can expect from us?
What you can expect from us
- A friendly atmosphere
- Plenty of opportunities to grow and develop
- A culture known for respectful interaction, ethical behavior, and integrity
- An organization that uses diversity as a driver of performance
- Potential to see your ideas realized and to make an impact
- New challenges and new things to learn every day
What we expect of you?
- Bachelor’s degree or similar in a relevant field (International Business and Trade, Logistics, etc.) or equivalent work experience
- Extensive working knowledge and experience applying international customs and export control laws and regulations
- Familiar with ECCN/HS classification and dual use as well as denied party screening.
- Understanding of supply chain/logistics processes and international trade systems and associated software (e.g. SAP, GTS, Descartes, Dow Jones, Kharon) is seen as an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to focus on project work and efficiently bringing projects to completion.
- You have an eye for detail and are customer-focused
- You are able to efficiently bring projects to completion.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills (English is a must).
Work ethics requirements:
- You are an Innovator, striving to create better solutions and ways, to challenge the status quo
- You value high standards, always finding better way and not compromising on quality
- You embrace entrepreneurial thinking on all the way from identifying the customer needs to bringing the added value
- You are resilient & Agile in the face of uncertainty in ever-changing environment
- You are open minded & collaborative to accept new ideas, can learn from mistakes, willing to work in team
- You are focused with “can do” attitude, ready to go beyond the job description scope and keep finding the solution
- You are passionate for making a better world, a true believer with full alignment on personal values
Last Day to Apply
Diverse by nature and inclusive by choice
Bright ideas come from all of us. The more unique perspectives we embrace, the more innovative we are. Together we build a culture where difference is valued and we share a deep sense of purpose and belonging.
Your application has been successfully submitted.