Trade Compliance Manager
Full Job Description
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people's lives with the world's best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
This role is responsible for daily import and export customs operations of the Lyft hardware supply chain including HTS classifications and database maintenance, ownership of the relationship with our Customs Brokers, auditing and correcting entries and rolling out other Customs processes as necessary such as Duty Drawback programs. As a key contributor on the Lyft Global Supply Chain team, the Customs Manager will coordinate with Lyft's manufacturing partners, Operations, and Legal teams to ensure compliant, cost effective, on-time importations from and exportations to multiple regions and countries. The Customs Operations Manager reports directly to the Planning & Logistics Sr. Group Manager.
- Act as the main point of contact for day-to-day Customs clearance and export process including assigning HTS/Schedule B classifications and verification of country of origin, value, FTA, ADD/CVD, and other government agency requirements
- Manage carnets
- Validate electronic export information (EEI) filings, file amendments Own relationship with the Customs broker, maintain error scorecard, and conduct periodic performance review meetings
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Logistics, and Legal
- Proactively monitor all customs activities to facilitate entries and perform periodic import entry audits
- Review entry documentation, file post-entry amendments (PEAs)s, maintain tariff databases
- Review Customs related payments; perform entry corrections, duty refunds and investigate underpayments/overpayments
- Manage the KPIs of Customs Brokers
- Draft trade compliance SOPs
- Assist Legal in performing investigations in response to US Customs inquiries (e.g. CF 28s) or other matters
- Conduct trade compliance research
- Roll out Duty Drawback program
- Perform other import/export duties as necessary
- Licensed Customs Broker strongly preferred
- Min 8 years years of experience in customs operations working for an importer
- Expert knowledge of Customs and Census regulations and recent regulatory developments including section 301 tariffs and ADD/CVD
- Demonstrated internal and external relationship management skills are essential
- Ownership of your role is key
- Ability to prioritize and manage their time effectively
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.
This role is work-from-anywhere in the U.S., excluding U.S. territories.
The expected salary range for this position in the US is $81,180 - $110,000. Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location. Range is not inclusive of potential equity offering, bonus or benefits. Your recruiter can share more information about the salary range specific to your working location and other factors during the hiring process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.