To assist Management in achieving the stated branch goals in line with Company Policy and established procedures.
To coordinate and ensure expeditious delivery of air/sea consignments to customers at prescribed quality standards.
- The Operations Administrator is responsible for coordinating operations in the Import & Export Sea & Air departments and administrative responsibilities, and ensures:
- Monitoring of workflow and management of resources to ensure and verify
- Timely and accurate accomplishment of operational processes
- Speedy delivery of cargo to customers
- Compliance with all applicable USA regulations prescribed by USA Customs, FMC, TSA, IATA etc.
- Invoicing and collection of freight, agency and disbursements from clients.
- Ensuring support documentation is available and correct
- Booking with carriers and consolidators
- Arranging pick-up and on behalf on the client/agent as required
- Registration of shipments,
- Accurate completion of airway bills/bills of lading
- Reporting to USA customs where relevant,
- Ensuring timely delivery to carriers/consolidators/packing depots.
- Costing, invoicing and collection of correct charges.
- FMC filings.
- Credit Card Payments.
- Paying Pier-Pass.
- Sorting and monitoring operator inboxes when they are out of office.
- Tracking and tracing for operators when needed or out of office.
- Sorting of emails sent by RBSI.
- Assisting with file management when an operator is out of office including adding in client notes, uploading files, dispatching shipments, and updating routing.
- Sorting through unclaimed invoices in Shipamax.
- Assists with front desk coverage and duties as assigned and needed.
- Reacts in a timely manner if there are any discrepancies, while keeping a record of these to enable preventative action.
- Quotes and records rates to clients and prospective clients and negotiates buying rates with airlines/shipping lines and subcontractors.
- Deploys information about all contracts with customers and suppliers to all parties
- Manages allocated customers using established tools (e.g. activity reports) with a view to achieving and exceeding targets
- Traces orders and ensures that information affecting arrival or dispatch is communicated to customers (internal and external) or their agents.
- Resolves accounting issues relating to all forwarding costs/payments, overseas invoicing, free domicile, etc. Reconciles airline statements, approves credit notes, and monitors transport /waiting time costs. Processes air freight and sea freight debtors/creditors in an expeditious manner. Supplies support documents/information of accounts for overdue payments, thus reducing impediments to prompt payment.
- High School diploma
- Administration experience
What you can expect?
Working at Röhlig means to live internationality: Every day staff members around the world cooperate on developing logistics solutions for their customers. Smart minds with drive encounter numerous opportunities to play a vital role in this process. Flat hierarchies, a pleasant and friendly work environment, considerable opportunities for personal development and long-term career planning provide the basis for your success.
As a family-owned business we strive to be employee orientated and offer a comprehensive benefits package with a focus on your wellbeing.
- This package includes full health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), life insurance, disability, and pet insurance.
- Röhlig offers competitive compensation, 401k with employer match, PTO (you even get your birthday off too!), and a highly dynamic global work environment.
We look forward to meeting you!
1743 Linneman Rd. Mount Prospect, IL 60056
Your application has been successfully submitted.