Air Export Team Lead
Key Tasks / Responsibilities
- Assist Supervisor in training Air/Ocean Export staff on policies, procedures, regulations, etc.
- Manages and distributes shipments
- Meets company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, quality, leadership, and customer service
- Effectively schedule bookings for both hazardous and nonhazardous materials, simple and complex cargo shipments
- Ensure the complete and timely pick-up or delivery of freight by attaining knowledge from clients in order to satisfy their needs and completing paperwork that meets stringent requirements
- Process data through the Company’s system and obtain releases as well as other government agency releases and regulations as applicable
- Identify transactions and tasks that require special handling, recommend improved processes to management and implement resolutions within assigned scope of responsibility
- Customer Service responsibilities include maintaining communication with vendor, shipper, customer, carrier and DSV offices throughout the process.
- Negotiate cost-effective rates with service providers to ensure maximum profitability.
- Ensure that Export process is in compliance with company and industry quality assurance standards (ISO, Customs, etc.).
- In addition to basic math, be able to analyze numerical data, understand components and relationships, find patterns and draw conclusions
- Compose complex letters regarding issues and resolutions utilizing your ability to edit and proof business correspondence and reports and organize, prepare and assemble documents
- Comprehend the full range of freight forwarding services: order management, movement scheduling, customs brokerage, monitor and control services, cost optimization, etc.
- Other duties related to the position / employment
- Three plus years of freight forwarding experience preferred
- Prior use of CargoWise One a plus
- Basic knowledge of U.S. Administration Regulations (FAA, FMC, EAR, Hazmat) and other government agency requirements.
- Three or more years of experience in a role involving extensive client contact
- Computer skills, including frequent prior use of MS Office products (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams, etc.)
- Excellent math skills, along with the ability to calculate freight measurements, weight and convert to international units when necessary
- Familiarity with domestic and international geography including countries and major cities
- Extreme attention to detail, including the ability to predict and circumvent issues before they occur and taking the proper corrective action
- Ability to be highly productive while keeping cool under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Payment frequency Annual
- Salary currency USD
- Job town/city Houston