Manager, International Trade Compliance (Remote)
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.Job Description:
Manager, International Trade Compliance (Remote)
You have a talent for recognizing trends and aiming for bigger goals
You have a solid interest in keeping up with trends, market needs, and your organization’s competitive standing, and you share your broad awareness with those under your management to inform their decisions, as it does yours. Your overview will help inform our ability to innovate, adapt, and stay ahead of the curve. We will listen carefully to your observations and recognize and reward your managerial leadership.
- This position includes development, implementation, and enforcement of numerous aspects of Parsons’ international trade compliance policies and procedures across the corporation and reports to the Director, International Trade Compliance.
- Ensure Parsons’ growing list of products are trade compliant in every manner: concept, development, access, labelling, marketing, sales, exports, etc.
- Assist with vetting business partners, reviewing documents, and various other activities in support of Parsons’ overall trade compliance.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with U.S. government entities that have jurisdiction over trade compliance.
Detailed Responsibilities Include:
- Take a leadership role in:
- determining the jurisdiction and classification of Parsons’ products, information, and services:
- making in-house determinations;
- submitting requests for CJs and CCATS;
- correcting / updating previous jurisdiction and classification determinations;
- assisting in strategic product development and reconfiguration; and
- maintaining detailed records related to jurisdiction and classification.
- providing guidance to various groups within Parsons, e.g., Business Development, Government Security, Project Managers, as pertains to new and existing products and productization.
- reviewing a variety of internal and external documents, e.g., presentations, white papers, marketing materials, to ensure compliant use and dissemination of export controlled data.
- Conduct Restricted Party Screening.
- Support efforts to ensure compliant travel.
- Assist with M&A activity.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of all trade compliance requirements.
Collaborate, Participate, Create
Some of our best work is born out of great collaborations between individuals, with other teams, and between anyone who wants to see ideas through. If you’re comfortable leading and participating in brainstorming discussions, you’ll make a great manager here. Our safe, inclusive environment encourages every member of our diverse staff to speak out and share ideas. There are no limits to opportunities for anyone in our welcoming organization. Care to pitch in?
- Completed Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 7-10 years of experience in U.S. trade compliance.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance.
- Strong, demonstrated general knowledge of U.S. export control laws, regulations, and other sources of U.S. trade compliance requirements.
- Strong, demonstrated knowledge of jurisdiction and classification determinations, especially as applies to military and cyber items / technical data / services.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with government agencies in a trade compliance context.
- Experience using systems that are specific to various U.S. government agencies, e.g., DECCS, SNAP-R, ACE/AES, etc.
- Experience with and understanding of:
- Contracting with the US DoD.
- Transacting with defense contractors.
- Foreign Military Sales Program; and
- FAR, DFAR, DEARS, and similar regulations.
- Experience with automated tools applicable to trade compliance authorization management systems, vetting tools, etc.
- Knowledge of U.S. import compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of non-U.S. trade compliance requirements.
There’s no “sink or swim” mentality in our supportive environment
At our organization, we support one another. Whether you and the people you manage would appreciate assistance in mastering a task, recognition for a job well done, or financial encouragement and reward, you will find it here. Our safe, supportive environment will bring out the best in you, as you bring out the best in your team. We foster a culture of diversity and inclusion, where every person is respected, appreciated, and offered access to opportunity. We will welcome your application.
Parsons (NYSE: PSN) is a leading technology firm driving the future of defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure. By combining unique technologies with deep domain expertise across cybersecurity, missile defense, space, connected infrastructure, and smart cities, we're providing tomorrow's solutions today. With a history of disruption beginning in 1944, we apply our distinct perspective to help our customers confront the issues of tomorrow in every domain—land, sea, air, space, and cyber. Our range of capabilities and our global network of resources lets us layer and integrate solutions to respond to any challenge with unmatched agility. In a time of rapid change, we see infinite sources of inspiration to fuel our creativity and enable the innovation necessary to accomplish our quest of delivering a better world. For more about Parsons, visit us at parsons.com and follow our quest on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter , and LinkedIn .
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Not Applicable/NoneThis position is part of our Corporate team.We’re driving the future of the national security and critical infrastructure markets. Our employees work in a close-knit team environment to find new, innovative ways to deliver smart solutions that are used and valued by customers around the world. By combining unique technologies with deep domain expertise across cybersecurity, missile defense, space, connected infrastructure, transportation, smart cities, and more, we're providing tomorrow's solutions today.Salary Range:
$92,200.00 - $161,400.00We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!