The ideal candidate will be responsible for the daily management of Imports Operations. In this role, Manager will develop relationships with internal and external business partners while utilizing data to drive efficient processes, fostering effective problem solving and collaborative decision-making.
Additionally, Import Manager will ensure that the team drives best in class results and performance through process improvement and cross-functional collaboration with other Inbound Logistics Teams. He/She will also be responsible for driving continuous process improvement.
The duties include coordinating with steamship companies, factories and internal stakeholders in providing quotes, making booking with carriers, coordinating pick up and deliveries, customs clearance, filing AES, and handling other facets of international shipping.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Provide direction to teams in Import Operations
- Manage daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly tasks of Import teams
- Communicate to Senior Director and Management service issues with short and long-term recommendations on resolution
- Monitor and manage execution of plans to deliver and support Import Operations solutions
- Provide support to all Import Teams
- Prepare and present forward-looking, future projections of import volumes, service, planning, capacity, and space considerations. Manage communication between Teams.
- May have limited budgetary responsibility and usually contributes to budgetary impact
- Interpret and execute policies for departments/projects and develops
- Recommend and implement new policies or modifications to existing policies
- Management of Import Service Vendors for all mode of transportation
- Developing process to improve and optimize FTZ
Medline offers a business casual, entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential, a competitive compensation package, and a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance; 401(k) with company match. And much more!
Please be aware that Medline requires all employees starting in this position to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated by their start date. Medline is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for COVID-19 consistent with federal, state, and local law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or equivalent.
Relevant Work Experience
- 7 years’ experience in Import and Export Operations
- Ocean and Air service contract negotiation, demand planning and forecasting
- PO and Vendor Management
- Customs Brokerage and Trade Compliance understanding
- Experience with Importing FDA Regulated Items
- Intermediate skill level SAP and Microsoft Excel