Import Export Analyst
The Import Export Analyst is an individual contributor who also works in a team environment on various activities that impact the U.S. Military and BAE Systems. This position will handle day-to-day transactional tasks as well as department projects as assigned. This role will be responsible for maintaining import export compliance records including product export classifications and regulatory jurisdiction, restricted party screening, international shipping records, and assisting with program/project compliance audits. Must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without supervision. Responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the following:
Primary & Essential Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring effective import and export compliance of multiple business units falling under assigned scope in accordance with U.S. and international Customs, import and export laws and regulations, and BAE Systems’ Corporate International Trade Compliance policies and procedures.
- Provides import export compliance guidance and business partnership on the requirements and obligations of exporting importing under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration (EAR) regulations to various Integrated Defense Solutions (IDS) business area programs including functional departments: Business Development, Supply Chain Management (Contracts, Subcontracts, Procurement), Finance, Human Resources, Shipping & Receiving Traffic, and Security.
- Performs Global Trade Compliance import export authority and compliance reviews for all inbound outbound international shipments.
- Knowledge of ITAR and EAR export authorizations to include licenses, TAAs, exemptions and exceptions. Be able to understand the export regulations and ensure all requirements are met prior to the use of any authorization.
- Responsible for managing export import activity and preparing Customs paperwork.
- May support coordination of Customs import entry and export instructions to freight forwarders and Customs Brokers with program teams.
- Advises on the appropriate filing of Electronic Export Information (EEI) via Automated Commercial Environment (ACE).
- Reviews and provides guidance on the appropriate documentation for export import to include the analysis of import licensing, tariffs, USML and/or ECCN equipment classification, foreign agent and custom clearances as required.
- Manage and maintain export and import transactional files and records in accordance with U.S. Government regulations and Company policies.
- Supports Global Trade Compliance transactional post-audit and assessment corrective action and follow-up verification for all imports exports.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Knowledge of and/or working experience in Global Trade and Logistics, Export Administration Regulations, U.S. Customs Regulations, and Office of Foreign Assets Control Regulations; able to apply technical knowledge of regulations to business transactions.
- Understanding of product technologies, recordkeeping/regulatory requirements and air, ocean and ground based logistics.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and detail oriented with a strong bias for action.
- Proven attention to detail with excellent analytical, problem solving and research skills.
- Familiarity with Incoterms.
- Self motivated, able to work individually and in a team environment.
- The ability to think outside the box.
- Familiarity with U.S. Import/Export Regulations; Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least three - five years of prior relevant experience.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.