Import / Export Coordinator (Bilingual Spanish/English)
Import / Export Coordinator (Bilingual Spanish/English) - Full Time - La Porte (TX), United States
At Sulzer, you are empowered to deliver superior results. As a pioneer in industry we have a proud heritage of innovation and continue to evolve for the future. Join our story and create your own impact by developing your expertise and building solutions that help make our lives safer, smarter and more sustainable.
Join our Services_AME team within Services division in United States as Import / Export Coordinator (Bilingual Spanish/English) to help us take International Sales to the next level.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Assist on all facets of International Import-Export & Customs work, primarily with Central and South American customers.
- Maintain files and records of all inbound and outbound international shipments.
- Assist with the coordination of all outbound international shipments, with customer, freight forwarder and import broker.
- Assist to arrange with outside vendors for special services, i.e. -* special trucking requirements (with assistance from Shipping and Receiving), etc.
- Generate purchase orders for international freight-related or other International activities.
- Interface with Freight Forwarder, brokers, and customs contacts to ensure compliance on international shipments.
- Monitor customer broker, supplying needed assistance to ensure quick and efficient resolution of incorrect or missing entry data.
- Code and approve international freight related invoices, to be turned over for payment to accounting.
- Prepare all required customs documentation for all exports clearance.
- Provide copies of customs documentation to customer, Customs and/or brokers, as required.
- Knowledge of Importer Security Filing and Additional Carrier Requirements.
- Prepare necessary documentation on all claims filed regarding lost or damaged international freight.
- Obtain freight and handling quotes from vendors on international shipments, as requested.
- Complete and process all import and export paperwork, an understanding of T-MEC documentation, Commercial Invoice BOL/ Packing Slips.
- Collect data ( i.e. ECCN, Schedule B, BOMS).
- Process scans of international shipments through the “Denied Parties” Program; including Export Compliance diligences.
- Utilize required systems, to include: Automated Export System (AES), Schedule B
- Perform other non-customs duties, as may be assigned by Manager of Logistics.
- Provide administrative support to Manager of Logistics.
- Proactively engage and support company initiatives designed to promote a culture of safe working, environmental protection and continual improvement.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (write, read and speak fluent in both)
- Must have a minimum of 3 years Import/Export experience
- Associates Degree or higher preferred OR 7 or more years or experience
- Have Import/Export experience between US and Latin America
- Strong MS Office skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be detail oriented, thorough, accurate and ability to efficiently solve problems
- Ability to understand financial data and be profit conscious
- Ability to work with demanding deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to establish priority, accomplish multiple task and must be organized
- Experience in a related service preferred (Oil & Gas, Turbomachinery)
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) Days
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability
- 401K with 6% company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Bonus Programs
- New onsite cafeteria, all meals subsidized (La Porte Service Center)
Location: We are based in La Porte (TX).
No visa or work permit support can be provided for this role.
See what it is like to work at Sulzer Turbo Services https://youtu.be/az0GK7h2rwA
2023 Top Employer in the USA.
Top Employer Video
PROUD TO BE PART OF 2021 FORBES WORLD'S BEST EMPLOYERS
SULZER is proud to be ranked among the top 25 engineering companies worldwide – according to the Forbes World’s Best Employer list 2021.
Sulzer is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be recognized as a Top Employer 2023 in Brazil, China, Switzerland, United Kingdom and United States. So come and join our story, starting today!