Senior Specialist, Global Trade Compliance - Hybrid Remote
Leica Biosystems’ mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. We’re a global leader in cancer diagnostics with the most comprehensive portfolio from biopsy to diagnosis. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. Our associates know that every moment matters when it comes to cancer diagnostics. When you come to work, you’re helping develop solutions that enable accurate diagnoses to turn anxiety into answers. Join our diverse, global team of talented people, and be inspired to grow every day.
Leica Biosystems is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Diagnostics Companies at Danaher. Together, we’re working at the pace of change to improve patient lives with diagnostic tools that address the world’s biggest health challenges.
The Senior Specialist, Global Trade Compliance for Leica Biosystems is responsible for supporting the Americas region with continued execution of LBS’s Trade Compliance activities, whilst supporting the Global Trade Compliance framework execution as part of the Global Trade Compliance team, including assisting Mammotome with day-to-day Trade Compliance queries. The primary role is to ensure the Americas Region Business Units (BU’s) and Selling Units (SU’s) comply with import and export laws and regulations under the jurisdictions of the countries in which LBS operates in the North and South America .
This position is part of Global Trade Compliance Team located in Deer Park, IL and will be hybrid. At Leica Biosystems, our vision is to advance cancer diagnostics and improve lives.
You will be a part of the Global Trade Compliance Team and report to the Director, Global Trade Compliance responsible for enhancing the LBS global trade compliance program, executing tactical trade compliance operations to support the rapidly expanding global business. If you thrive in a global, pivotal role and want to work to build a world-class Global Trade Compliance organization—read on.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Ensure that the company’s activities are compliant with import & export regulations/laws, restricted party screening, and embargo/sanctions requirements, with special focus on the Americas Region
- Ensure Americas Region trade compliance program and procedures are in place and followed by the BU/SU’s
- Assist with Americas Region trade compliance audits and government inquiries/responses, providing direct communication to customs where directed.
- Ensure Trade Data (Tariff Code, Country of Origin, Export Control Classification) is compliant with new products and reviewed annually
- Lead Trade Compliance special projects such as IT Software implementations, CTPAT compliance, and other trade compliance projects under supervision of Director, Global Trade Compliance
The essential requirements of the job include:
- BS or BA degree in international trade, supply chain logistics, or related field
- 3+ years of direct trade compliance experience in a multinational organization
- Significant experience in global tariff classification, export control/dual-use classification, and country of origin determination
- Knowledge of Americas Region import/customs regulations, export control regulations, embargoes and sanctions
- Solid understanding of the principles of Trade Compliance (customs valuation, incoterms, license and permits, country of origin, HTS classifications, duty optimization / Free Trade Agreements, export controls and sanctions etc.) (for both Americas Region and ROW)
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
- Proficient in ERP and MS Office (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Proven ability to build rapport at all levels within the organization
- Willing to travel internationally up to 15% of time
At Leica Biosystems we believe in designing a better, more sustainable workforce. We recognize the benefits of flexible, hybrid working arrangements for eligible roles and are committed to providing enriching careers, no matter the work arrangement. This position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement in which you can work part-time at the Company location identified above and part-time remotely from your home. Additional information about this hybrid work arrangement will be provided by your interview team. Explore the flexibility and challenge that working for Leica Biosystems can provide.
This job is also eligible for bonus/incentive pay.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.