Trade Compliance Specialist
Celanese is a Fortune 500 global chemical and specialty materials company that engineers and manufactures products essential to everyday living. With global headquarters in Dallas, Texas, Celanese employs approximately 13,300 dedicated people working at more than 50 owned and operated manufacturing facilities across 27 countries. We are committed to employee growth and creating shareholder value, and strive to make a difference in the communities where we operate. Our company focuses on the safety of its employees, provides competitive compensation (including benefits starting Day 1), and emphasizes giving back to the community. For more information about Celanese and our products please visit www.celanese.com
- Manage customs compliance, in collaboration with customs brokers.
- Maintain visibility of free trade agreements.
- Assign HTS code for imports in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Act as company’s liaison with customs authorities and customs brokers.
- Oversee special programs with U.S. Customs: ACH, ISF, and Reconciliation.
- Maintain report activities through U.S. Customs' ACE system.
- Develop SOPs to be consistent with CE’s TC policy and procedures.
- Support Customer Service, Logistics and Commercial teams with import issues.
- Participate in global, regional and local projects on as needed basis.
- Support management with metrics and KPIs.
- Bachelor's degree or minimum 10 years of experience.
- General knowledge of trade regulations enforced by U.S. Customs and the Canada Border Services Agency.
- Knowledge of FTAs; customs duty framework; additional duties such as Section 301 and antidumping; sanctioned party list (SPL) and embargo screening; product classification; and record-keeping.
- Possess a strong collaborative style across a diverse organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to learn new technologies and their business applications.
- Knowledge of SAP GTS preferred.