Senior Manager, International Trade Compliance - Hybrid Remote
Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely.
You don’t see it, but it’s there. BAE Systems employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you’ll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry’s most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The World™." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
The Senior Manager, International Trade Compliance will oversee the implementation and management of the applicable Electronic Systems (ES) Business Area export/import compliance program and policies within the International Trade Compliance Department. The incumbent will act as the Business Area’s primary point of contact for all export/import-related issues, with a focus on the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). This position reports to the ES Director of International Trade Compliance.
This is a hybrid position with some in-office presence in any of the following locations: Arlington, VA; Austin, TX; Endicott, NY; Fort Wayne, IN; Greenlawn, NY; Nashua, NH; Reston, VA; or Wayne, NJ.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensures Business Area (BA) compliance with all U.S. export/import laws and regulations, to include the ITAR, EAR, and other applicable federal government regulations.
2. Leads a team of International Trade Compliance (ITC) analysts ranging from new employees to experienced empowered officials.
3. Ensures team compliance with all corporate and sector directives in processing license and agreement applications and other export-related correspondence to U.S. government agencies via the corporate ITC department and/or ES Director of ITC.
4. Functions as a designated "empowered official" per the ITAR to provide required certifications to the U.S. State Department’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls.
5. Provides guidance regarding a wide variety of ITC matters, including licensing, agreements, exemptions, exceptions, classification/jurisdiction, and regulatory requirements. Supports the BA leaders, director, and other managers in addressing and resolving export issues as they arise.
6. Analyzes and reviews information related to proposals, contracts, purchase orders, presentations and product development and participates in technical programmatic discussion/meetings for BA products.
7. Investigates any aspect of a proposed export or temporary export by the BA to verify the legality of any transactions and the accuracy of the information to be submitted.
8. Participates in preparing export-related training materials and conducts or oversees export training to all relevant employees.
9. Oversees the maintenance of the export-related recordkeeping functions in the BA as required by law.
10. Conducts, participates in, and prepares for export compliance audits on a periodic basis.
11. Continually develops knowledge of ITAR and EAR regulations by attending seminars and conferences, participating in BAE Systems training, and keeping abreast of proposed and final regulatory changes.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- 10+ Years with Bachelor's Degree, 8+ Years with Master’s Degree
- Applicant must have strong leadership and communication skills and be well organized
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with OCR's EASE global trade management software
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.