Trade Compliance Specialist
Trade Compliance Specialist
Catalent is a global, high-growth, public company and a leading partner for the pharmaceutical industry in the development and manufacturing of new treatments for patients worldwide. Your talents, ideas, and passion are essential to our mission: to help people live better, healthier lives.
Site Trade Compliance Specialist is responsible to oversee and manage all matters related to foreign trade, import and export activities and compliance to all government trade regulations as well as other associated PGAS. This position will negotiate with clients and handle issues with customs officials. Responsibilities will include implementing and managing internal policies and procedures to ensure site-wide compliance with all national and international trade laws, trade regulations and requirements applicable to all site trade actions and activities.
This is a full-time salaried position: Monday – Friday, 1st Shift
Catalent Biologics in Bloomington, Indiana is a state-of-the-art, GMP manufacturing facility, providing one million sq/ft of drug substance manufacturing, drug product manufacturing, and related pharmaceutical services. This award-winning facility helps customers accelerate biologic drug development programs and bring better treatments to help patients live better, healthier lives.
Catalent is committed to a Patient First culture through excellence in quality and compliance, and to the safety of every patient, consumer, and Catalent employee.
- Requires Lead compliance of FAA, DOT, IATA, and all other regulatory agencies specific to distribution, dangerous goods, and proper labeling of packaging.
- Assist with tours, client & regulatory audits
- Provide support to U.S. Customs, regulatory agencies, and Customs brokers as necessary for imported and exported material. Lead planning/implementation of procedural changes related to Supply Chain
- Establishing an FTZ and adhering to all compliance requirements
- Work with internal QA and other departments to find resolutions to material management issues using internal and external clients
- Provide back up support to other areas within the Supply Chain department
- Train and mentor new associates
- Attend and participate in training and Supply Chain meetings
- High School degree required
- BS/BA in related field preferred or 10+ years relevant experience.
- 10+ years hands-on experience preferred in International Freight Forwarding, Transportation and Trade Compliance Management
- In-depth hands-on experience in the Harmonized Code System, Explanatory Notes and US Customs
- Setting up and Managing FTZs
- Wide-ranging engagement/experience with the FDA, USDA, BIS, IATA and the FTC
- Proven experience in identifying, re-engineering and implementing Global Trade and Transportation compliance procedure and processes
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Familiarity with Supply Chain Management Systems
- Must be detail-oriented and well organized
- Ability to work under tight timelines
- High attention to detail
Why you should join Catalent:
- Defined career path and annual performance review and feedback process
- Diverse, inclusive culture
- 152 hours of PTO + 8 paid holidays
- Dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Positive working environment focusing on continually improving processes to remain innovative
- Potential for career growth on an expanding team within an organization dedicated to preserving and bettering lives
- Competitive salary with quarterly bonus potential
- Community engagement and green initiatives
- Generous 401K match and Paid Time Off accrual
- Medical, dental and vision benefits effective day one of employment
- Tuition Reimbursement
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent is committed to the health and safety of its employees, visitors and the customers and patients we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and on-boarding processes to maintain everyone’s safety. The Human Resources teams will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage.
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.
Visit Catalent Careers to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to DisabilityAccommodations@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
Important Security Notice to U.S. Job Seekers:
Catalent NEVER asks candidates to provide any type of payment, bank details, photocopies of identification, social security number or other highly sensitive personal information during the offer process, and we NEVER do so via email or social media. If you receive any such request, DO NOT respond— it is a fraudulent request. Please forward such requests to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to investigate with local authorities.
California Job Seekers can find our California Job Applicant Notice HERE