Senior Trade Compliance Specialist
Overview: The Senior Trade Compliance Specialist is responsible for ensuring Revvity's Import & Export compliance programs are effective and abide by the applicable governmental rules and regulations. This position is responsible for overseeing the daily import/export compliance activity for all U.S Revvity's locations. Additionally, the Senior Trade Compliance Specialist will work closely with the site’s purchasing and engineering teams with import/export classifications, ensure compliance with other U.S. government requirements (FDA, FCC, TSCA), and the documentation and expediting of goods.
This hybrid role is based out of Hopkinton, Mass.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the customs brokers and freight forwarders for products manufactured in the US as it relates to compliance with the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), Commerce Control List (CCL), Other Government Agency Requirements (FDA, USDA, etc.) and the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).
- Assist the Manager, Customs Compliance with maintaining the Import compliance (IMS) procedures as they relate to customs broker and freight forwarder management and conduct training around those procedures.
- Respond timely to day-to-day brokerage inquiries for the US sites (track and trace) and include missing or incomplete information. Manage HTS broker database
- Assist with research, evidence collection and response for Gov't audits, inquiries, disclosures, and corrective actions.
- Understand the CBP valuation methodologies and be able to troubleshoot and respond to valuation inquiries.
- Assist the CTC Department with researching, developing, and maintaining Free Trade Agreements.
- Familiarity with Sanctioned Party, Denied Party, and embargo screening.
- Familiarity of Red Flag issues and the review process.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for the ITC Centralized Team when it comes to classification efforts for the America’s.
- Maintain broker/forwarder and internal process SOPs; measure the brokers against those procedures.
- Support and work with Logistics, Supply-chain, and Procurement departments to establish compliant processes and procedures while meeting customer delivery expectations.
- Assist all U.S Sites with AES filing requirements and FF management.
- Assist with the tracking, reporting and corrective action of KPIs.
- Support End of Quarter activities to support revenue recognition.
- Support and assist with the development and implementation of internal controls related to new products, tradelines or for corrective actions needed as an outcome of an audit.
- Initial contact point for shipment issues, problem identification and assist with implementing corrective actions.
- Use ACE reporting and Broker Management systems to offer insight into the compliance status in the America’s.
- Ensure that records are maintained according to company procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in global meetings to represent the America’s site’s compliance activities.
- Maintain knowledge by attending seminars and research new regulations and policies which may affect the site.
- Participate in Quarterly compliance update meetings with ITC Compliance Advocates in the Americas.
- Lead ad-hoc project or continuous improvement efforts.
Trade Automation (SAP GTS, TMS, ACE)
- Assist with troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Primary point of contact for reporting issues in the America’s
- ACE familiarity, back up Manager, Customs Compliance on ACE reporting.
- Bachelors Degree AND 5 years of experience in import and export international trade compliance
- Broker License and/or Certifications (CCS/CES) is a plus.
- Experience using SAP and/or SAP Global Trade Services is a plus
- Excellent project management and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work in a team environment and supervise when needed.