Sr. Specialist North America Customs & Trade Compliance - Hybrid remote
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
The Senior Specialist, North America Customs and Trade Compliance will support compliance with pertinent laws, regulations and guidelines mandated by government agencies (i.e., Customs & Broder Protection, Department of Census, Food and Drug Administration, etc.) in the US. This role will perform import compliance responsibilities, along with analytics, procedure development, training, and metrics management with a focus on US Imports, Foreign Trade Zones, Reconciliation and Filing of Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) data to FDA and Customs. This role will interact with Trade Compliance staff at BMS sites and external partners (brokers, external counsel, etc.), along with government agencies as needed.
- Support the strategy for managing Import compliance in the US.
- Perform Site Import Administration (SIA) responsibilities for the US Distribution Center(s)
- Provide management support for the Customs Classification database, metrics, prior disclosures, drawback, special projects, and other needs as determined
- Provide support as needed to facilitate import clearance compliance to other SIAs.
- Provide support as needed to facilitate compliance with Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ), Reconciliation and ACE regulations.
- Provide support of the classification of import and management of classifications in a database.
- Provide support for the management of Temporary Import Bonds, Drawback, Import for Export and other CBP duty minimization or FDA exception imports as needed.
- Perform data gathering, analysis, and metrics management, as required.
- Interact with Government Agencies, as required.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly organize and analyze large quantities of data, gathers critical information, effectively summarize data and identify potential solutions. Balances the need for accuracy and timelines appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas and accomplish challenging goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated project management and team building skills.
- Experience in working and building relationships with both internal and external customers and achieving results through influence.
- Strong computer skills. Experienced in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SAP/GTS.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, , International Trade or related areas preferred.
- Required: 4+ years of relevant experience in Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Finance, Logistics or Regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of Customs compliance regulations, FTZ management principles, and FDA regulations as they apply to imports is preferred.
- Exposure and experience in Pharmaceutical/Bio-Technology manufacturing processes, principles and practices
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.