Job Purpose: Ensure the efficient use of packaging and supplies available in the warehouse to satisfy client and internal requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Set clear team goals
- Delegate tasks and set project deadlines
- Oversee day-to-day teams' operation and performance
- Do regular performance evaluation
- Communicate with teams about their performance
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Motivate team members
- Discover training needs and provide coaching
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Plan and organize team-building activities
- Day to day coordination of all material ordering, material reception, stock management, warehousing
- Pro-active communication with internal MARKEN departments of any material delay, stock distribution, and/or stock deviation to include Project Management, Logistics department, Kit production and Branch level management
- Revise all documentation provided by clients and any other Department or Branch office
- Confirm that the shipment is OK to Send to final destination and obtain MAWB consignment instructions
- Define the best possible route to dispatch the shipment to its final destination
- Condition shipments as required and update the proper milestones in Maestro
- Obtain a booking with the airline and consign the MAWB as instructed
- Enter the RL for International Flight
- Send the Pre-Alert through Maestro
- Coordinate with Dispatch the drop off to the Airline as per the respective COT
- Use the Marken Export Daily Schedule Report and update Maestro with all the departures from the local airports
- Keep updated export flow chart.
- Make sure all exported shipments have an adequate validity time.
- High School completion or equivalent
- Experience with imports recovery and domestic transfers
- Experience with serving as a liaise with customs brokers to pre alert imports and follow up on clearance status
- Air freight/Freight forwarding experience
- Responsible for scanning, packaging, labeling In-bound shipments before tendering for final destination, either domestic or international shipping.
- Ensure that all route legs are complete with all needed operational details and costs estimates entered in Maestro
- Good customer orientation
- Ability to Guide and delegate
- Great organization skills
- Ability to set goals for improvement and development
- Good knowledge of IATA regulations, including Transportation of Dangerous Goods (if applicable)
- Requires specific skills and knowledge in the use and application of proprietary software, Internet and MS Office applications
- Good problem-solving skills are required in identifying and alerting others to operational problems
- Excellent communication skills. Both written and verbal are required to convey and clarify routine information
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Good organization and time management skills
- High cooperativeness
- Attention to detail
Marken is a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS and is a critical part of UPS Healthcare. Marken offers a state-of-the-art GMP-compliant depot network and logistic hubs for clinical drug product storage and distribution worldwide, and supports cell and gene therapy logistics services from clinical to commercial, while maintaining the leading position for Direct-to-Patient and Home Healthcare services, biological sample shipments and biological kit production.
Moving Our World Forward by Delivering What Matters.
MARKEN IS PROUDLY AN EEO & VETERAN EMPLOYER