Trade Compliance Senior Analyst
Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
To support Olympus Corporation of Americas (“OCA’s”) compliance with trade regulations by assisting with the implementation of OCA’s Trade Compliance Framework and programs. Be a resource for data gathering and analysis for the Trade Compliance function.
- Assist with the documentation, implementation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Work Instructions (WI) for the department and assist other departments implement trade controls in their SOPs and Wis.
- Assist with development and implementation of risk assessments and tools.
- Create trainings and communications to implement annual training plan.
- Research complex trade compliance questions and issues to provide advice to company personnel.
- Coordinate monthly team and multi-department and function meetings addressing trade compliance topics.
- Interface with diverse functions and business units in the course of implementing trade compliance procedures across the company.
- Provide data analytics reporting of trade activities.
- Analyze import, export, and trade data to identify opportunities and recognize potential inconsistencies or non-compliant activities.
- Stay abreast of changes in the regulatory environment and advise OCA as necessary.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- College Degree required.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience working with the US Customs Regulations Licensed customs broker a plus or willing to go for a License.
- Must have critical thinking skills and be detailed oriented, Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Excellent writing skills and effective verbal communication skills.
- Skilled in Microsoft office, especially excel. Advanced Knowledge of CBP’s Automated Commercial Environment (“ACE”).
We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus requires all new hires to be “fully vaccinated” against COVID-19, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), on or before their first day of work. Individuals who have been offered employment who have a disability, medical condition, or sincerely-held religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated against COVID-19 are required to request and be granted a reasonable accommodation prior to their first day of work.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and capturing images of the world.
Olympus Corporation of the Americas, a wholly owned subsidiary of Olympus Corporation, is headquartered in Center Valley, Pennsylvania, USA, and employs more than 5,500 employees throughout locations in North and South America. For more information, visit www.olympusamerica.com.
Olympus…True to You. True to Society. True to LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Pennsylvania (US-PA) || Center Valley ||