Import/Export Coordinator (air and ocean)
- Salary offer $60,000 - $65,000 (DOE)
As an Import/Export Coordinator specializing in air and ocean shipments, you will be responsible for facilitating the movement of goods across international borders. Your role will involve coordinating and overseeing all aspects of the import and export process, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations, and maintaining effective communication with clients, carriers, and customs officials.
- Coordinate Import/Export Operations: Manage the end-to-end import and export process, including booking shipments, preparing documentation, arranging transportation, and tracking shipments to ensure timely delivery.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with customs regulations, import/export laws, and documentation requirements. Stay up to date with changes in regulations and advise stakeholders accordingly.
- Documentation: Prepare and review shipping documents, including commercial invoices, packing lists, bills of lading, and customs declarations, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Customs Clearance: Collaborate with customs brokers and agents to ensure smooth customs clearance of shipments. Provide required documentation and resolve any issues that may arise during the clearance process.
- Carrier and Supplier Coordination: Communicate and negotiate with carriers, freight forwarders, and suppliers to arrange transportation, obtain quotes, and ensure the timely movement of goods.
- Customer Service: Serve as a point of contact for clients, providing updates on shipment status, resolving inquiries, and addressing any concerns or issues promptly and professionally.
- Freight Cost Analysis: Analyze freight costs and negotiate competitive rates with carriers and service providers to optimize transportation expenses.
- Record Keeping: Maintain accurate records of all import and export transactions, including shipment details, documentation, and correspondence, ensuring compliance with record-keeping regulations.
- Risk Management: Identify and mitigate potential risks and issues related to transportation, customs, and compliance, ensuring adherence to best practices and minimizing disruptions.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities to streamline processes, enhance efficiency, and improve overall import/export operations. Implement best practices and contribute to process enhancements.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in international business, supply chain management, logistics, or a related field is preferred, but relevant work experience will also be considered.
- Previous experience in import/export coordination, preferably with expertise in air and ocean shipments.
- Solid knowledge of customs regulations, import/export laws, and documentation requirements.
- Familiarity with international shipping procedures, Incoterms, and freight forwarding operations.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills to interact with clients, carriers, customs officials, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in using computer systems and software for shipment tracking, documentation preparation, and data analysis.
Please note that the provided job description and salary range are approximate and can vary depending on the specific company, industry, and level of experience.
- Payment frequency Annual
- Salary currency USD
- Job town/city Houston