Global Trade Compliance (GTC), Traffic Import & Export Analyst
Teledyne Technologies Incorporated provides enabling technologies for industrial growth markets that require advanced technology and high reliability. These markets include aerospace and defense, factory automation, air and water quality environmental monitoring, electronics design and development, oceanographic research, deepwater oil and gas exploration and production, medical imaging and pharmaceutical research.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The Global Trade Compliance (GTC), Traffic Import & Export Analyst will diligently work on international shipments for the Solutions segment, dealing with both internal (Production, Service, Sales, etc.) and external customers (Carriers, Freight Forwarders, Brokers, Consignees, etc.) while also fulfilling US Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR) requirements.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively coordinate with the cross-functional business groups to process international shipments per the GTC international shipping process.
- Prepare all required import and export documentation as required to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Coordinate and transmit routing instructions to freight forwarders/brokers and foreign entities as needed.
- Work with freight forwarders/brokers to facilitate clearance procedures and resolve any problems that may arise.
- Maintain weekly status report to manage export/import holds and shipment status as needed.
- Serve as internal resource for logistics questions, scheduling, and primary contact for problem solving for shipping related issues.
- Process and or review/approve Electronic Export Information (EEI) filings to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Maintain and organize all required documentation per GTC recordkeeping requirements.
- Ensure proper use and administration of ITAR/EAR authorizations, exemptions, and exceptions in accordance with the GTC policies and procedures.
- Maintain and track status on Carnets, Temporary Import Bonds, and DSP-73’s.
- Audit international shipments as required per GTC policy.
- Provide support to special projects, as needed.
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
- Degree in International Business or associated discipline preferred or equivalent experience and 2-4 years international and domestic traffic or logistics experience required.
- Experience with US Import/Export Regulations; Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR), US Customs Regulations required.
- Familiarity with Incoterms required.
- Experience with SAP, OCR is desired.
- Familiarity in the understanding of air, ocean, and ground-based logistics required.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, detail oriented with a strong bias for action.
- Proven attention to detail with excellent analytical, problem solving, and personal organization skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and under pressure.
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities to meet changing customer requirements.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Able and willing to work occasional non-standard hours at quarter/year end.
Teledyne and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other characteristic or non-merit based factor made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.