Logistics and Trade Compliance Manager
Murata Power Solutions is a leading provider of power conversion products that are sustainable and efficient. We are focused in two transformative technology, macro market segments; Server, Storage, Networking (SSN) and E-Mobility, including electric vehicles, robotics and energy storage. Ranked amongst the world’s top 5 suppliers of breakthrough power electronics, we design and manufacture the industry’s broadest offering of standard products and are a market leading designer of custom power solutions.
Well known for the quality of its products and workforce, we can provide you the opportunity to work with talented people and a management team focused on growth and the ongoing development of leading-edge technologies for many of the world’s major OEM’s.
As the Logistics and Trade Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of logistics across the organization and its extended global network. This responsibility includes logistics and internal and external inventory at contract manufacturers, 3PL providers and corporate fulfilment centers.
You will also assume the role of Import & Export Compliance Officer, where you will be able to identify, analyze, and plan operating processes and strategies for commercial and financial transactions carried out internationally.
- Develop and implement processes and policies to ensure compliance with applicable global trade laws and regulations.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts for efficiency and cost reductions in operations including logistics, warehousing, and inventory management.
- Drive compliance with the law and regulations for all company import and export activities, manage and mitigate the risks of penalties and prosecution, financial losses and reputational damage.
- Ensure that customer orders are fulfilled accurately and on time by managing a team in warehouse and logistics operations.
Job Duties/Responsibilities Cont.
- Manage strategic relationship with carriers, Third Party Logistics providers (3PL) and other logistics service providers.
- Engage regularly with internal and external stakeholders, including suppliers, carriers, brokers, and government agencies on changes in customs and trade laws.
- Developing a long-term logistics strategy for increasing efficiency of logistics operations and improving customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with the management team on development of ISO and IATF quality assurance program by providing input from a logistics perspective.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, or related field
- Customs Broker License preferred
- APICS (ASCM) or CIPS certification in Logistics Management
- 8+ years’ experience in a logistics or compliance management role preferred
- Proven track record of reducing costs and increasing efficiency in shipping and receiving operations
- Experience with warehouse operations and inventory management
- Strong leadership and team-building skills
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Logistics Management Systems (LMS) and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- In-depth understanding of import/export regulations and compliance
- Experience or knowledge of Packaging Science an advantage
Building and Supporting Teams
Delivering High Quality Work
Evaluating and Implementing Ideas
Prioritizing and Organizing Work
Supporting Organizational Goals
Compensation and Benefits:
Our benefit package is comprehensive and includes Medical Insurance; Dental Insurance; Vision Insurance; 401(K); Flexible Spending Accounts; Paid Vacation/Holidays; Short Term Disability; Long Term Disability; Tuition Reimbursement.