Trade Compliance Manager - Hybrid Remote
We’re looking for people who put their innovation to work to advance our success – and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
- This role will support our Enclosures segment in the following:
- Engage with functional leaders regularly to understand the strategic vision and act as a business partner to support the strategy while ensuring full compliance with global Import/Export laws and regulations.
- Facilitate the trade compliance program through effective policies, procedures, training, risk assessments, audits and practices for sites & activities within all of North America.
- Work closely with regional and segment Trade Compliance Managers to align vision and approach on trade compliance activities globally across nVent.
- Advise key functions, such as Sales and Marketing, on trade compliance rograms/requirements to improve the customer experience.
- Serve as subject matter expert on Import/Export Compliance matters and assist in trade compliance-related assessments and reviews for monitoring the efficiency of the trade compliance internal controls.
- Support business strategy regarding international sales, initiatives and projects as impacted by export controls, with emphasis on business-wide compliance to U.S. export regulations (e.g. International Traffic in Arms Regulations-ITAR, Export Administration Regulations-EAR, Foreign Trade Statistical Regulations, OFAC, BATFE) and regulations affecting export transactions.
- Support global sites with Import/Export Compliance activities such as commodity jurisdictions, product classifications, Country of Origin assignment and collection, FTA application and collection, license determinations and authorizations.
- Lead third parties who assist us in specific compliance support activities including Broker Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of work experience in Trade / Regulatory Compliance field.
- Broker’s License and legal training highly desirable.
- Spanish fluency (written and spoken) desirable, but not required.
- Extensive experience with HTS (import/export) classification in a manufacturing business.
- Experience leading free trade agreements (e.g. USMCA)
- Deep knowledge and experience with U.S. Export Controls & Customs regulations, Global Sanction regulations, including ECCN and USMCL classification
- Experience with country of origin and valuation determinations
- Extensive regulatory knowledge including 19 CFR; 15 CFR and 22 CFR
- Experience with ACE and ACE reports
- Experience with Broker Management & Supply Chain Security (eg. CTPAT, AEO) including bonds and power of attorney
- Experience with duty drawback operations
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- At nVent, we connect and protect a more sustainable and electrified world with inventive electrical solutions. We’re a nearly $3 billion high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 10,000+ people at more than 130 sites around the world. Our solutions deliver value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers, providing mission critical solutions that improve performance, lower costs and reduce downtime.
- We design, manufacture, market, install and service high-performance products and solutions that connect and protect mission critical equipment, buildings and essential processes. Our robust portfolio of leading electrical product brands dates back more than 100 years and includes nVent CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER.
- Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We’re known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
- Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other’s authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.