International Import Coordinator
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate and assist with all import functions to ensure efficient and cost effective operations
- Assist all division operations with import problems and/or special handling requirements
- Maintain and promote positive communications with, management, plants, Customs Broker and transportation companies
- Manage and facilitate flow of import “traffic” - Oversee all activities necessary to transport international shipments with customs brokers and carriers regarding container deliveries
- Monitor cargo status and prompt arrival during on water and port arrival stages
- Monitor information about ports and potential backlogs for cargo recovery
- Avoid demurrage and detention fees by identifying operational issues
- Enforce the return of empty containers by carriers
- Manage import documentation receiving to brokers to ensure timely ISF and Entry Filings
- Knowledge of appropriate compliance regulations
- Maintain Import Tracker, related weekly updates and reports to Procurement Team
- Cost per container – Ocean and Drayage charges
- Service level:
- Compliance with customs formalities
- Compliance with notifications to carriers
- Audit of product, ocean freight, drayage, and brokerage invoices
- Participate in regular meetings with Planning
- Assist other divisions with import traffic and/or border crossing issues
- Other duties related to import processes as defined by manager
- 3-5 years of Freight Forwarding, import and export compliance (INCOTERMS, Shipping Documents etc.). International customer service experience is a plus
- Some experience with Transportation Management Systems (TMS) preferred
- Import/Export certification or other training is preferred
- In depth knowledge of IMDG, IATA, Hazmat, Harmonized Codes, NAFTA, CAFTA, Certificates of Origin and International Regulation Compliance
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and meet specific goals and deadlines
- Experience working in a fast-paced business with frequent and rapid priority changes
- Strong experience working in a collaborative, cross functional environment, both domestic and international.
- High skill sets with MS Office applications – Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, Word, and Project.
- The skills required to be successful in this position vary to the extent that the role is heavily positioned to execute daily operations analysis and reporting required to meet customer expectations.
- Must have strong ability to work cross-functionally with a diverse team and customer base as well as clearly articulate technical solutions in relevant terms to both the team and customer
- Driven, decisive, diplomatic, with sound judgement and attention to detail.
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK's retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Consumer Products.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. KIK does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, age, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, status in uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
We are KIK!
We create the products and brands that people trust to clean, sanitize, and protect their homes, pools, and cars. We are one of North America’s largest independent consumer product manufacturers with 20 North American manufacturing facilities. We also operate globally in Europe, Asia, UK, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa. We are known by our portfolio of over 40 brands including Spic and Span® and Comet® cleaning products, Clorox® Pool&Spa™ (under license), BioGuard®, and Natural Chemistry® pool chemicals, and Prestone® and Holts® automotive performance chemicals. We are also the #1 producer in North America for store-brand (“private label”) bleach and a leading private label provider of laundry detergent and additives, dishwashing products, general purpose cleaning and other home care products.
Our global team of over 2,500 employees drive our capabilities in product development, product formulation, strategic sourcing, manufacturing, packaging design, brand marketing, project management, quality assurance, compliance, distribution, and logistics.
Our organization is constantly evolving and is driven by a set of “One KIK” values – a dedication to following through on commitments in a customer-focused, profit-motivated way; while never compromising on safety, ethics, or integrity.