Manager – Import/Export
At our core is innovation. Honda is constantly innovating and developing solutions to drive our business with record success. We strive to be a company which serves as a source of “power” that supports people around the world who are trying to do things based on their own initiative and that helps people expand their own potential. To this end, Honda strives to realize “the joy and freedom of mobility” by developing new technologies and an innovative approach to achieve a “zero environmental footprint.”
We are looking for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, continuous improvement values, and a strong work ethic to join our team.
If your goals and values align with Honda’s, we want you to join our team to Bring the Future!
About this Position:
The purpose of the SPPC Import-Export Manager is to ensure parts availability for our dealer body, export distributors, gempos and customers.
The job is responsible for ensuring part demand forecasts and orders are issued and maintained for imported parts, overseas purchasing relationships are managed to ensure on-time delivery, minimal past due orders, accurate supplier shipping documents, and minimizing backorders, while maximizing service level. The group is also responsible for implementing and coordinating lead-time/order projection initiatives to meet AHM inventory goals and objectives.
The job is also responsible for the sale of parts and accessories outside of the US. Customers include Honda distributors and gempos. The department provides the customer service function to those export countries, as well as export logistics coordination.
All activities will be conducted in accordance with the Honda Philosophy
- Oversee demand forecasting for Japan and affiliate parts, in order to optimize service parts inventory levels while ensuring parts availability to AHM dealers and customers.
- Coordinate with Japan and Honda Affiliate Companies to improve on-time delivery and minimize backorders/CBOs to all customers
- Coordinate with all purchasing groups to provide customer service to export countries, including order status, ETA info, and support
- Oversee PDCA and CAPDo process within department to ensure that issues are addressed, and countermeasures are put in place. This includes reporting and presentation of plans to senior and executive management.
- Oversee and ensure accurate and timely claims processing
- Oversee the development, implementation, and achievement of business plan initiatives and projects, as well as allocation of budget, to successfully meet business objectives.
- Oversee daily management of all departmental operations including staffing, training, and planning to successfully meet business objectives.
- Manage associates including objective setting, associate’s development, and performance planning and review.
Who we are seeking:
Required Work Experience:
- 12 + years purchasing or international business experience
- Working understanding of forecasting
- Proven leadership experience
- Experience in international business
- Bachelor’s degree, concentration is supply chain or international business
- Equivalent work experience acceptable
- Supply chain affiliations a plus (i.e., APICS)
- Proficient in PDCA and CAPDo analysis
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills
- Advanced math, statistical, inventory, forecasting skills and knowledge.
- Skilled at preparing and presenting detailed project and business plans to all levels of internal/external audiences
- People management skills
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, organization and written/oral communication skills
Additional Position Factors:
- Workstyle: On-site
- Travel: 25%
At Honda, you will play a key role in our journey to become a company that society wants to exist now, and in the future. Your endless curiosity will drive innovation and your courageous spirit will challenge the status quo. We believe having a workforce made up of diverse thinkers and innovators makes us a better Honda. Respect for each other and respect for diversity each and every day drives our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively in a team environment. We make the dream of mobility a reality with our innovative and high-quality products. Together, we Bring the Future to our customers, associates, and communities. We are Honda!
What differentiates Honda and make us an employer of choice?
- Competitive Base Salary: ($130,800 - $204,400)
o Pay will be based on several variables that include, but not limited to, geographic location, work experience, education, etc.
- Annual Bonus
- Manager Lease Car Program (No Cost - Car, Maintenance, and Insurance included)
- Industry leading Benefit Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx)
- Paid time off, including vacation, paid holidays, sick time, personal days
- 401K Plan with company match + additional contribution
- Relocation assistance
- Advancement opportunities
- Career mobility
- Education reimbursement for continued learning
- Training and Development programs
- Wellbeing program
- Community service and engagement programs
- Product programs
- Free drinks onsite
- Lifestyle account
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.